Women's Premier League, SWOT Analysis: Gujarat Giants
Gujarat Giants (Source: Twitter/@GujaratGiants)
The Women's Premier League is just days away. We at OneCricket have already analysed three of the teams participating in the mega event. In this article, we will be going into the depths of the Gujarat Giants team.
For more analytical reads from OneCricket, click here.
The team looks well-balanced and it seems like they have tried to cover up most of the bases. There is a very good amalgamation of international, national and uncapped players in the squad. Gujarat Giants will be looking to repeat the antiques of the Gujarat Titans and win the inaugural edition of the Women's Premier League. The onus will be on Beth Mooney to lead the team. So without further ado let us take a deep dive into the Gujarat Giants team.
Gujarat Giants Squad Division
Strength of Gujarat Giants
- Explosive top-order batters: The presence of players like Beth Mooney, Sophia Dunkley, Ashleigh Gardner, and Deandra Dottin gives the Giants a very dynamic and explosive top-order. These players can take the team's total to a formidable one and the fate of their journey will depend a lot on how these players set up the tone for the team.
- Strong spin department: The presence of Ashleigh Gardner, Georgia Wareham, Sneh Rana, and Harleen Deol gives them a really strong and experienced spin arsenal to work with. These spinners will play a big role and the team management will hope that they can take advantage in the most important phase of the innings, the middle overs.
Weakness of Gujarat Giants
- Lack of experience in the pace department: Annabel Sutherland is the only experienced pacer in the squad. The other pacers in the team are a bit inexperienced and may falter when the team comes under pressure.
Opportunity for Gujarat Giants
- Displaying three-dimensional cricket with an amalgamation of world-class all-rounders: The presence of players like Ashleigh Gardner, Georgia Wareham, Sneh Rana, Annabel Sutherland, Deandra Dottin, Harleen Deol and Dayalan Hemlatha gives Gujarat great dynamism and flexibility. All these players will be great contributors in all three trades of the game and that will help the team to go the distance in the tournament.
Threat for Gujarat Giants
- A relatively inexperienced leadership group: Beth Mooney will be leading the team and Sneh Rana will be her deputy. Neither of them has much experience in leading a team and that might turn out to be a threat when the team comes under pressure. This is where players like Deandra Dottin will play a big role as Mooney will be needing all her experience and guidance in leading the team.
Prediction: The team looks balanced but there are some major loopholes in the squad. Framkly speaking, Gujarat Giants progressing to the final four seems a bit far too fetched.