Records galore for Marnus Labuschagne in historic ton
Marnus Labuschagne [Source: Twitter]
Australia batter Marnus Labuschagne brought scintillating batsmanship to the fore yet again, smashing his ninth Test century in the ongoing battle against the West Indies in Perth.
In what was an exhibition of delightful strokes, Labuschagne took down the Windies bowlers as he scored the fastest Test ton of his career that came in 109 deliveries.
This hundred comes in the form of another massive achievement for the 28–year-old as he became the eighth man to score a century and a double century in the same Test match. He is only the third Australian to do so.
Labuschagne had played a 204-run knock in the first innings of the Perth Test.
Here's the list of batters who have attained the feat
- Dough Walters (AUS vs WI, 1969)
- Sunil Gavaskar (IND vs WI, 1971)
- Lawrence Rowe (WI vs NZ, 1972)
- Greg Chappell (AUS vs NZ, 1974)
- Graham Gooch (ENG vs IND, 1990)
- Brian Lara (WI vs SL, 2001)
- Kumar Sangakkara (SL vs BAN, 2014)
- Marnus Labuschagne (AUS vs WI, 2022)
The Aussies are standing tall in the clash, setting a 498-run target for the West Indies via their second innings 182/2 (declared), including Labuschagne's 104*.
Also Read: Mohammed Shami ruled out of Bangladesh ODIs, Umran Malik named replacement