ICC Women's T20 World Cup 2023, Match 15: SA-W vs AU-W | Fantasy Tips and Teams
Sinalo Jafta (Souce: Twitter)
South Africa Women and Australia Women face off in Match no.15 in Group A of the ongoing ICC Women's T20 World Cup on a Super Saturday, February 18, 2023, at St.George's Park in Gqeberha. The hosts Proteas have played two games so far in the campaign with one win and one loss to their name. The defending champions Australia have played three and won all of them as they live up to their favorite tag.
South Africa lost the tournament opener against Sri Lanka by a margin of 3 runs before thrashing New Zealand by a 65-run margin. They face a tough task against five-time champions Australia who are already looking dangerous yet again in an ICC competition. With 2 points and a net run rate of +1.550, South Africa is placed in the third position in the Group A table.
For more fantasy tips and predictions from OneCricket, click here.
On the other hand, the Aussies swept aside Ne Zealand, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka to make it three out of three in this edition. Meg Lanning and her side were pre-tournament favourites and they are looking for a record sixth WC title. With 6 points and an NRR of +2.413, Australia is bossing the table at the top.
Before the game begins, let us look at some of the important stats, best player picks and the best predicted teams for the fantasy contests of the match.
Ground Stats: St.George's Park, Gqeberha
Its a low-scoring venue as sides batting first havent managed to go-past the 115-run mark in the 2 T20Is played at the venue (both in this WC). Chasing sides have emerged victorious on both the occasions.
Numbers at the ground in T20 WC 2023
Total Matches: 2
Matches won batting first: 0
Matches won batting second: 2
Average runs batting first: 109.5
Average runs batting second: 112
Average runs per over: 6.01
Average runs per wicket: 26.05
SA-W vs AU-W, Match 15: Head-to-Head
South Africa is yet to win a T20 international against Australia as they have played 5 matches and lost all of them.
Total Matches: 5
South Africa Women won: 0
Australia Women won: 5
SA-W vs AU-W, Match 15: Probable Playing XIs
South Africa Women Team News
No major updatesSouth Africa Women Probable Playing XI
Laura Wolvaardt, Tazmin Brits, Marizanne Kapp, Sune Luus (c), Chloe Tryon, Delmi Tucker, Nadine de Klerk, Sinalo Jafta (wk), Shabnim Ismail, Ayabonga Khaka, and Nonkululeko Mlaba.
Australia Women Team News
No major updates
Australia Women Probable Playing XI
Alyssa Healy (wk), Beth Mooney, Meg Lanning (c), Ashleigh Gardner, Ellyse Perry, Tahlia McGrath, Grace Harris, Georgia Wareham, Alana King, Megan Schutt, and Darcie Brown.
SA-W vs AU-W, Match 15: Top Five Picks
- Laura Wolvaardt (SA-W): Opening batter Laura Wolvaardt scored 18 and 13 in the first two matches of the ongoing WC as she will look to convert the small starts into a valuable score for her side in this fixture.
- Sune Luus (SA-W): South Africa skipper Sune Luus amassed 28 and 22 in the opening two games for her team as she would hope to lead the Proteas from the front by getting a significant score against a strong and solid Australian side.
- Chloe Tryon (SA-W): All-rounder Chloe Tryon has managed to amass 50 runs in the two games for South Africa with 40 coming in the last encounter against New Zealand. Right-handed batter Tryon looks a good and safe bet for this contest.
- Meg Lanning (AU-W): Australia captain Meg Lanning is the second highest run-getter for her side in this WC as she averages 89.00. with the highest score of 48* The right-handed batter looks a good choice against the South Africans.
- Georgia Wareham (AU-W): Legbreak bowler Georgia Wareham has picked up 4 wickets in 2 games with best figures of 3/20 coming against the Bangladeshi side. The spin bowler appears to be a good pick for his fixture.
SA-W vs AU-W, Match 15: Must picks for the match
South Africa Women
- Laura Wolvaardt - 31 runs in 2 matches
- Sune Luus - 50 runs in 2 matches
- Chloe Tryon - 50 runs and 2 wickets in 2 matches
- Meg Lanning - 89 runs in 2 matches
- Georgia Wareham - 4 wickets in 2 matches
- Beth Mooney - 58 runs in 3 matches
SA-W vs AU-W, Match 15: Risky Picks
South Africa Women: Tazmin Brits, Sinalo Jafta
Australia Women: Grace Harris, Alana King
SA-W vs AU-W, Match 15: Best Captain and Vice-captain choices
- Laura Wolvaardt (SA-W)
- Sune Luus (SA-W)
- Meg Lanning (AU-W)
SA-W vs AU-W, Match 15: Team for Head-to-Head Contests
Create and Participate with the team in the Cricket Exchange Fantasy App
(Powered by Cricket Exchange)
Wicketkeepers: Beth Mooney, Alyssa Healy
Batters: Laura Wolvaardt, Sune Luus, Meg Lanning
All-rounders: Marizanne Kapp, Chloe Tryon, Ashleigh Gardner
Bowlers: Nonkululeko Mlaba, Georgia Wareham, Darcie Brown
Captain: Sune Luus
Vice-captain: Laura Wolvaardt
SA-W: 5 Players, AU-W: 6 Players
SA-W vs AU-W, Match 15: Team for Winner takes all Contests
Create and participate with this team in the Cricket Exchange Fantasy App
(Powered by Cricket Exchange)
Wicketkeepers: Delmi Tucker, Sinalo Jafta, Alyssa Healy
Batters: Tazmin Brits, Tahlia McGrath, Grace Harris
All-rounders: Nadine de Klerk, Ellyse Perry
Bowlers: Shabnim Ismail, Ayabonga Khaka, Alana King
Captain: Ellyse Perry
Vice-captain: Nadine de Klerk
SA-W: 6 Players, AU-W: 5 Players