SA20 2023 Match 27: Joburg Super Kings vs Sunrisers Eastern Cape | Fantasy Tips and Teams
Sunrisers Eastern Cape (Source: OneCricket)
It is the 27th match of the SA20 and Joburg Super Kings will be taking on Sunrisers Eastern Cape at The Wanderers Stadium in Johannesburg. The match is scheduled for 5th February, 2023 at 5:00 PM IST.
After a slow start to the tournament, the Joburg Super Kings have started to pick up pace in the tournament. Though their previous match was abandoned due to rain, they are still in a position to make it to the top four. The Super Kings will look to win the match and strengthen their position in the points table. Currently they have 18 points under their belt and are at number four in the points table.
The Sunrisers Eastern Cape are doing pretty well in the tournament. They are currently at number two in the points table with 19 points under their belt from 9 matches. Aiden Markram's side will look to strengthen their position in the top half of the points table with a win in this match.
Before the match starts let us look at some important stats, the prime player picks and the best predicted XIs for the fantasy contests of the match.
Ground Stats: Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg
Two matches have been played in this tournament on this ground. The pitch has been good for batting. On an average 160 runs have been scored in every innings. There has been no visible advantage in a particular half of the match. So we can expect a close contest between the bat and the ball.
Numbers at the ground in SAT20 2023
Total Matches: 2
Matches won batting first: 1
Matches won batting second: 1
Average score batting first: 173
Average score batting second: 172
Average runs per over: 8.72
Average runs per wicket: 28.75
JOH vs EAC, Match 27: Head-to-Head
The two teams have played one match against each other. The JSK earned a convincing victory in that clash. They restricted the 'Orange Army' to 127 runs in 18.4 overs while bowling first. In the chase, JSK lost five wickets and played till 19.4 overs to reach the total.
Super Kings Won: 1
Eastern Cape Won: 0
JOH vs EAC, Match 27: Probable Final 13s
Joburg Super Kings Team News
No major updates
Sunrisers Eastern Cape Team News
No major updates
JOH vs EAC, Match 27: Top Five Picks
- Faf Du Plessis (JOH): The skipper of the Joburg Super Kings have picked up form in the tournament. He has 277 runs under his belt from 8 matches and also scored a century in the last outing. For this match, Faf is an obvious pick.
- Aiden Markram (EAC): The skipper of the Sunrisers Eastern Cape has been contributing to the team's cause with both the bat and the ball. With his all-round abilities at the peak, Markram is a must-pick for the match.
- Gerald Coetzee (JOH): The young South African pacer has been on song in this tournament. He has been specially effective at the beginning of the innings and his wicket-taking abilities makes him a hot pick for the this match.
- Roelof van der Merwe (EAC): The left-arm spinner has really boosted the bowling attack of the Eastern Cape. Van der Merwe has been slowing down the opponents in the middle overs and picking up wickets. There is no way one can leave him out in the fantasy XI.
- Leus du Plooy (JOH): The left-handed batter has added solidity to the Super Kings batting order. Du Plooy has been consistent and also have scored runs at a good rate. His current form makes him a brilliant pick for the match.
JOH vs EAC, Match 27: Must picks for the match
JOH vs EAC, Match 27: Risky picks
Joburg Super Kings: Romario Shepherd, Donovan Ferreira
Sunrisers Eastern Cape: Marco Jansen, Tristan Stubbs
JOH vs EAC, Match 27: Best Captain and Vice-captain choices
- Faf du Plessis (JOH)
- Aiden Markram (EAC)
- Leus du Plooy (JOH)
JOH vs EAC, Match 27: Team for Head-to-Head Contests
Wicketkeeper: Matthew Wade, Adam Rossington, Donovan Ferreira
Batters: Faf du Plessis, Aiden Markram, Leus du Plooy
All-rounders: Romario Shepherd, Marco Jansen
Bowlers: Roelof van der Merwe, Gerald Coetzee, Maheesh Theekshana
Captain: Faf du Plessis
Vice-captain: Aiden Markram
JOH: 7 Players, EAC: 4 Players
JOH vs EAC, Match 27: Team for Winner takes all Contests
Wicketkeepers: Donovan Ferreira
Batters: Reeza Hendricks, Faf du Plessis, Aiden Markram, Trsitan Stubbs
All-rounders: JJ Smuts, Romario Shepherd, Marco Jansen
Bowlers: Roelof van der Merwe, Brydon Carse, Gerald Coetzee
Captain: Donovan Ferreira
Vice-captain: Tristan Stubbs
JOH: 5 Players, EAC: 6 Players
Also Read: Rain spoils Durban Super Giants playoff qualification hopes