Matt Henry-Ajaz Patel set a unique batting record
Matt Henry and Ajaz Patel frustrated Pakistani bowlers [Source: AP]
The duo stitched a 104-run stand, helping the Blackcaps post 449 runs in their first innings of the ongoing second Test against the hosts in Karachi.
Highest 10th wicket stands by a visiting pair in Tests in Pakistan
- Matt Henry and Ajaz Patel - 104, Karachi, 2023
- FJ Cameron and BE Congdon - 63, Karachi, 1965
- PL Pocock and DL Underwood - 55, Hyderabad, 1973
- TM Alderman and GF Lawson - 52, Lahore, 1982
- Pat Cummins and Mitchell Swepson - 51*, Karachi, 2022
New Zealand had a disastrous start to the day, losing Ish Sodhi at their overnight score of 309. After fighting for some time, keeper-batter Tom Blundell and skipper Tim Southee also made their way back to the dugout, leaving their side at 345 for nine.
However, Patel and Henry showcased the utmost determination to add 104 runs for the last wicket. While Patel fell prey to Abrar Ahmed for 35, Henry remained unbeaten for a fabulous 81-ball 68, laced with eight fours and two sixes.
In reply, as of writing, Pakistan are four for no loss after the first over.