AFG vs PAK, 1st T20I | Cricket Exchange Fantasy Teams, Player Stats, Probable XIs and Pitch Report
AFG vs PAK, Cricket Exchange Fantasy Predictions: 1st T20I (Source: Twitter/@TheRealPCB)
The first of the three T20 internationals (AFG vs PAK) will see Afghanistan (AFG) play against the runners-up of the 2022 T20 World Cup Pakistan (PAK). The encounter is scheduled to take place at the historic Sharjah Cricket Stadium in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates on Friday, March 24, 2023 at 9:30 PM IST. Before the Asian sides clash, let us take a look at some of the important stats, the prime player picks and the best-predicted XIs for the fantasy contests of the match.
Rashid Khan-led Afghanistan lock horns with Shadab Khan's Pakistan in an exciting series as both sides meet just for the fourth time in the T20 international format. The Men in Green are without several of their first-team members as they have been given rest after the conclusion of PSL. Afghanistan defeated United Arab Emirates by a margin of 2-1 last month while Pakistan will play their first T20I since the defeat at the hands of England in the summit clash of T20 WC 2022 in November last year.
AFG vs PAK, 1st T20I: Pitch Report- Sharjah Cricket Stadium, Sharjah
The 22-yard strip at the iconic Sharjah Cricket Stadium often favours the spin bowlers. Though, due to the shorter boundaries, a high-scoring game could be in store.
Numbers at the ground (Overall T20I Cricket)
Total Matches: 29
Matches won batting first: 16
Matches won batting second: 12
Average score batting first: 151
Average score batting second: 125
Average runs per over: 7.35
Average runs per wicket: 21.22
AFG vs PAK, 1st T20I: Head-to-Head
Afghanistan and Pakistan have met three times in the T20I format and its all Pakistan as they have emerged victorious on all three occasions.
Total Matches: 3
Afghanistan won: 0
Pakistan won: 3
AFG vs PAK, 1st T20I: Probable Playing XIs
Afghanistan Team News
No major updates
Afghanistan Probable Playing XI
Rahmanullah Gurbaz (wk), Ibrahim Zadran, Gulbadin Naib, Afsar Zazai, Najibullah Zadran, Karim Janat, Mohammad Nabi, Rashid Khan (c), Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Naveen-ul-Haq, and Fazalhaq Farooqi.
Pakistan Team News
The finalists of the 2022 T20 World Cup, Pakistan have rested some big guns like regular skipper Babar Azam, wicketkeeper-batter Mohammad Rizwan, southpaw Fakhar Zaman and lethal pacers Shaheen Afridi and Haris Rauf for this series. Some solid performers from the recently concluded Pakistan Super League (PSL) have been selected in the squad. Legspinner Shadab Khan will don the captaincy hat in the series.
Pakistan Probable Playing XI
Saim Ayub, Mohammad Haris, Shan Masood/Abdullah Shafique, Iftikhar Ahmed, Azam Khan (wk), Shadab Khan (c), Mohammad Nawaz, Imad Wasim, Mohammad Wasim Jr, Naseem Shah, and Ihsanullah.
AFG vs PAK, 1st T20I: Top Five Picks
- Mohammad Haris (PAK): Exciting young talent Mohammad Haris smashed the second-most runs after captain Babar Azam for Peshawar Zalmi in PSL recently. The right-handed powerful hitter amassed 350 runs in 11 innings at an average of 31.81 and a deadly strike rate of 186.17 with two half-centuries. He would be looking to carry his form into the internationals now.
- Saim Ayub (PAK): Uncapped player Saim Ayub finished behind Babar and Haris in the third position with 341 runs for the Zalmi. The 20-year old left-handed batter struck 5 half-centuries in 12 innings with the highest score of 74.
- Ihsanullah (PAK): 20-year-old right arm fast seamer Ihsanullah ended the PSL campaign as the second highest wicket-taker. He picked up 22 wickets in 12 innings at an average of 15.77 and a strike rate of 12.4 with the best bowling figures of 5/12.
- Rahmanullah Gurbaz (AFG): Destructive wicketkeeper batter Rahmanullah Gurbaz endured a bad series against the United Arab Emirates (UAE) last month. The right-handed player managed to score only 45 runs in 3 T20Is at an average of 15.00 and will look to turn things around and get back amongst the runs.
- Karim Janat (AFG): 24-year-old Karim Janat registered the most runs for Afghanistan in that series against UAE. He racked up 116 runs at an average of 58.00 and a strike rate of 173.13 which included two half-centuries.
AFG vs PAK, 1st T20I: Must picks for the match
- Rahmanullah Gurbaz
- Karim Janat
- Rashid Khan
- Mohammad Haris
- Saim Ayub
AFG vs PAK, 1st T20I: Risky Picks
Afghanistan: Afsar Zazai, Gubadin Naib
Pakistan: Shan Masood, Mohammad Wasim Jr
AFG vs PAK, 1st T20I: Best Captain and Vice-captain choices
- Shadab Khan (PAK)
- Saim Ayub (PAK)
- Rahmanullah Gurbaz (AFG)
AFG vs PAK, 1st T20I: Team for Head-to-Head Contests
AFG vs PAK, 1st T20I: Team for Head-to-Head Contests (Powered by Cricket Exchange)
Wicketkeeper: Rahmanullah Gurbaz, Mohammad Haris
Batters: Najibullah Zadran, Saim Ayub, Iftikhar Ahmed
All-rounders: Karim Janat, Shadab Khan, Imad Wasim
Bowlers: Rashid Khan, Ihsanullah, Naseem Shah
Captain: Shadab Khan
Vice-captain: Imad Wasim
AFG: 4 Players, PAK: 7 Players
AFG vs PAK, 1st T20I: Team for Winner Takes All Contests
AFG vs PAK, 1st T20I: Team for Winner Takes All Contests (Powered by Cricket Exchange)
Wicketkeepers: Rahmanullah Gurbaz, Mohammad Haris, Azam Khan
Batters: Ibrahim Zadran, Saim Ayub, Iftikhar Ahmed
All-rounders: Karim Janat, Shadab Khan
Bowlers: Mujeeb Ur Rahman, Naveen-ul-Haq, Ihsanullah
Captain: Rahmanullah Gurbaz
Vice-captain: Saim Ayub
AFG: 5 Players, PAK: 6 Players