WPL 2023: UP-W vs DEL-W, Match 20 | Cricket Exchange Fantasy Teams, Player Stats, Probable XIs and Pitch Report
UP-W vs DEL-W, Cricket Exchange Fantasy Predictions: WPL 2023, Match 20 (Source: Twitter/@UPWarriorz)
The 20th match of the inaugural edition of the Women's Premier League (WPL 2023) will see UP Warriorz (UP-W) play against Delhi Capitals (DC-W). The clash is set to be staged on a doubleheader Tuesday, March 21, 2023, at the Brabourne Stadium in Mumbai at 7:30 PM IST. Before the action takes place, let us take a look at some of the important stats, the prime player picks, and the best-predicted XIs for the fantasy contests of the match.
UP Warriorz and Dehli Capitals have qualified for the Playoffs of the maiden WPL season. Royal Challengers Bangalore and Gujarat Giants have officially been knocked out of the tournament. The last league match, a dead rubber, presents a perfect opportunity for both sides to gear up for the playoff encounters.
UP-W vs DEL-W, Match 20: Pitch Report- Brabourne Stadium, Mumbai
The last 4 innings have all produced total of above 175 at the Brabourne Stadium in Mumbai. Teams batting second have managed to win four out of the nine games played so far at the venue.
Numbers at the ground (This Tournament)
Total Matches: 9
Matches won batting first: 4
Matches won batting second: 5
Average score batting first: 172.33
Average score batting second: 158.67
Average runs per over: 8.88
Average runs per wicket: 29.20
UP-W vs DEL-W, Match 20: Head-to-Head
Both sides met earlier in the season in the fifth match at DY Patil Stadium in Navi Mumbai, where Delhi defeated UP by a margin of 42 runs.
Head-to-Head (This Season)
Total Match: 1
UP Warriorz won: 0
Delhi Capitals won: 1
UP-W vs DEL-W, Match 20: Probable Playing XIs
UP Warriorz Team News
Its a dead rubber as both the Warriorz and the Capitals have qualified for the Playoffs along with Mumbai Indians. UP might be looking to rest some of their key players for this clash.
UP Warriorz Probable Playing XI
Devika Vaidya, Alyssa Healy (c & wk), Kiran Navgire, Tahlia McGrath, Grace Harris, Deepti Sharma, Sophie Ecclestone, Simran Shaikh, Anjali Sarvani, Parshavi Chopra, and Rajeshwari Gayakwad.
Delhi Capitals Team News
As mentioned above, the Capitals have also made it to the next round and even they might look to give chance to some of their benched players.
Delhi Capitals Probable Playing XI
Meg Lanning (c), Shafali Verma, Alice Capsey, Jemimah Rodrigues, Marizanne Kapp, Jess Jonassen, Taniya Bhatia (wk), Titas Sadhu, Radha Yadav, Shikha Pandey, and Poonam Yadav.
UP-W vs DEL-W, Match 20: Top Five Picks
- Meg Lanning (DEL): Delhi Capitals skipper Meg Lanning has racked up the most runs for her side so far in WPL 2023. The right-handed batter is averaging 47.80 with 2 half-centuries and the highest score of 72. Still, she has had two low scores of 15 and 18 in the last two games as she look to get a substantial score in this tie.
- Shafali Verma (DEL): Like her skipper, Shafali Verma also registered two low scores of 0 and 8 in the last two fixtures. The talented right-handed batter woud hope to get back amongst the runs as she is due for a big score before the knockouts.
- Marizanne Kapp (DEL): Though the Capitals lost their last match against the Gujarat Giants, all-rounder Marizanne Kapp had a good outing as she picked up 1/24 (4) and scored 36. She is a valuable option for this last contest before the Playoffs.
- Grace Harris (UP): Hard-hitter Grace Harris is having a solid tournament so far. She has slammed the second-most runs for her side as she is averaging 72.00 in 4 innings with two fifties. Harris hammered 72 off 41 with 7 fours and 4 sixes in the last game against Gujarat Giants to seal the deal in a 179-run chase.
- Alyssa Healy (UP): Warriorz skipper Alyssa Healy has now endured three low scores of 1, 8 and 12 in the last 3 matches. She would hope to lead her side from the front by registering a significant score right at the top of the order.
UP-W vs DEL-W, Match 20: Must picks for the match
- Grace Harris - 216 runs in 4 innings and 1 wicket in 4 innings
- Alyssa Healy - 206 runs in 7 innings
- Sophie Ecclestone - 13 wickets in 7 innings
- Meg Lanning - 239 runs in 6 innings
- Shafali Verma - 187 runs in 6 innings
- Marizanne Kapp - 125 runs in 5 innings and 9 wickets in 7 innings
UP-W vs DEL-W, Match 20: Risky Picks
UP Warriorz: Anjali Sarvani, Parshavi Chopra
Delhi Capitals: Taniya Bhatia, Arundhati Reddy
UP-W vs DEL-W, Match 20: Best Captain and Vice-captain choices
- Alyssa Healy (UP)
- Shafali Verma (DEL)
- Marizanne Kapp (DEL)
UP-W vs DEL-W, Match 20: Team for Head-to-Head Contests
UP-W vs DEL-W, Match 20: Team for Head-to-Head Contests (Powered by Cricket Exchange)
Wicketkeeper: Alyssa Healy
Batters: Grace Harris, Meg Lanning, Shafali Verma, Jemimah Rodrigues
All-rounders: Tahlia McGrath, Alice Capsey, Marizanne Kapp
Bowlers: Sophie Ecclestone, Shikha Pandey, Rajeshwary Gayakwad
Captain: Alyssa Healy
Vice-captain: Shafali Verma
UP: 5 Players, DEL: 6 Players
UP-W vs DEL-W, Match 20: Team for Winner Takes All Contests
UP-W vs DEL-W, Match 20: Team for Winner Takes All Contests (Powered by Cricket Exchange)
Wicketkeepers: Alyssa Healy, Taniya Bhatia
Batters: Jemimah Rodrigues, Meg Lanning, Grace Harris
All-rounders: Alice Capsey, Deepti Sharma
Bowlers: Poonam Yadav, Shikha Pandey, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Sophie Ecclestone
Captain: Deepti Sharma
Vice-captain: Alice Capsey
UP: 5 Players, DEL: 6 Players