WPL 2023: MI-W vs UP-W, Eliminator | Cricket Exchange Fantasy Teams, Player Stats, Probable XIs and Pitch Report
MI-W vs UP-W, Cricket Exchange Fantasy Predictions: WPL 2023, Eliminator (Source: wplt20.com)
The Eliminator of the Women's Premier League (WPL 2023) will see Mumbai Indians (MI-W) facing off against the UP Warriorz (UP-W). The match will be taking place at the Dr. DY Patil Sports Academy in Navi, Mumbai on Friday, 24th March. The encounter is scheduled to start from 7:30 PM IST. Before the match goes live let us look at some important stats, facts, the prime player-picks and the best-predicted XIs for the fantasy contests of the match.
So, the inaugural edition of WPL is down to its business end. Two more matches and we will have our maiden champions of the tournament.
Mumbai Indians have been one of the teams to contain with in the group stages of the tournament. They strated the tournament with a bang and looked invincible in the first half of the league. However, there was a bit of drop in their momentum towards the end of the league stage.
The advantage of this momentum loss was taken by Meg Lanning-led Delhi Capitals and they finished at the top of the table. Delhi directly qualified for the final and Mumabi being the second team in the points table will now have to play the eliminator to make it to the summit clash.
The UP Warriorz, on the other hand, have had a roller coaster ride in the tournament. Out of the eight matches that they have played in the league stage, Alyssa Healy's side managed to win four matches. They finished third in the points table and will now face the Mumbai Indians in the eliminator.
The winner of this match will progress further to play the final against Delhi Capitals on 26th March at the Brabourne Stadium.
MI-W vs UP-W, Eliminator 1: Pitch Report- Dr DY Patil Sports Academy, Mumbai
The pitch at the DY Patil Stadium has been conducive for bowling. Although we saw some high scoring encounters at the beginning of the tournament, as the tournament progressed, the pitch started to slow down and the spinners have dominated the proceedings here lately.
The fact that 90 percent of the matches at the venue have been won by the team batting second will play in the minds of the skipper during the toss.
Numbers at the ground (This tournament)
Total Matches: 10
Matches won batting first: 1
Matches won batting second: 9
Average score batting first: 144
Average score batting second: 128
Average runs per wicket: 23
Average runs per over: 7.54
MI-W vs UP-W, Eliminator: Head-to-Head
The two teams have played twice against each other in the tournament. They have shared the laurels thus far. It will be interesting to see who takes the lead and becomes the second team to qualify for the final of the tournament.
Interestingly, the match that was played between the sides at the DY Patil Stadium was won by the UP Warriorz.
Head-to-Head (This tournament)
Mumbai Indians won: 1
UP Warriorz won: 1
MI-W vs UP-W: Probable Playing XIs
UP Warriorz Team News
Grace Harris will make a comeback and replace Shabnim Ismail for this important clash.
UP Warriorz Probable Playing XI
Alyssa Healy (c and wk), Shweta Sehrawat, Kiran Prabhu Navgire, Tahlia McGrath, Grace Harris, Deepti Sharma, Sophie Ecclestone, Devika Vaidya, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Anjali Sarvani, and Parshavi Chopra
Mumbai Indians Team News
No major updates.
Mumbai Indians Probable Playing XI
Hayley Matthews, Yastika Bhatia (wk), Natalie Sciver-Brunt, Harmanpreet Kaur (c), Amelia Kerr, Pooja Vastrakar, Issy Wong, Amanjot Kaur, Saika Ishaque, Humaira Kazi, and Jintimani Kalita.
MI-W vs UP-W, Eliminator: Top Five Picks
- Hayley Matthews (MI-W): The West Indian all-rounder has been the go to player for the Mumbai Indians this tournament. Hayley Matthews has scored runs at important situations and has also picked up crucial wickets. She will be a very important pick for this match.
- Tahlia McGrath (UP-W): The Aussie all-rounder has been in brilliant batting form throughout the tournament. Tahlia McGrath has bailed her team out from difficult situations on more than one occasion. She can also bowl a couple of overs if and when her team demands it. Thus McGrath will be a really important pick for this match.
- Harmanpreet Kaur (MI-W): The Indian skipper has lead her franchise from the front. Harmanpreet Kaur has provided stability to the Mumbai Indians batting and will be a very vital cog in their plans during the Eliminator.
- Sophie Ecclestone (UP-W): The English left-arm spinner is currently the purple cap holder in the tournament. Sophie Ecclestone has justified her number one rank in T20 cricket and will be a very crucial pick in this match.
- Amelia Kerr (MI-W): The Kiwi all-rounder has been doing a great job with both the bat and the ball in this tournament. The Mumbai Indians team management will hope that she stays on song in both of her trades during the Eliminator.
MI-W vs UP-W, Eliminator: Must picks for the match
- Hayley Matthews: 232 runs and 12 wickets in 8 matches
- Harmanpreet Kaur: 230 runs in 8 matches
- Amelia Kerr: 13 wickets and 106 runs in 8 matches
- Tahlia McGrath: 295 runs in 8 matches
- Sophie Ecclestone: 14 wickets in 8 matches
- Grace Harris: 216 runs in 4 matches
MI-W vs UP-W, Eliminator: Risky Picks
Mumbai Indians: Natalie Sciver-Brunt, Saika Ishaque
UP Warriorz: Alyssa Healy, Deepti Sharma
MI-W vs UP-W, Eliminator: Best Captain and Vice-captain choices
- Hayley Matthews (MI-W)
- Tahlia McGrath (UP-W)
- Amelia Kerr (MI-W)
MI-W vs UP-W, Eliminator: Team for Head-to-Head Contests
MI-W vs UP-W, Eliminator: Team for Head-to-Head Contests (Powered by Cricket Exchange)
Wicketkeeper: Alyssa Healy
Batters: Harmanpreet Kaur, Kiran Prabhu Navgire, Tahila McGrath
All-rounders: Amelia Kerr, Hayley Matthews, Natalie Sciver-Brunt, Garce Harris
Bowlers: Issy Wong, Saika Ishaque, Sophie Ecclestone
Captain: Hayley Matthews
Vice-captain: Tahlia McGrath
MI-W: 6 Players; UP-W: 5 Players
MI-W vs UP-W, Eliminator: Team for Winner Takes All Contests
MI-W vs UP-W, Eliminator: Team for Winner Takes All Conetsts
Wicketkeepers: Yastika Bhatia
Batters: Harmanpreet Kaur, Shweta Sehrawat, Tahlia McGrath
All-rounders: Hayley Matthews, Deepti Sharma, Grace Harris
Bowlers: Saika Ishaque, Parshavi Chopra, Sophie Ecclestone
Captain: Grace Harris
Vice-captain: Harmanpreet Kaur
MI-W: 4 Players; UP-W: 7 Players