IPL 2023, Match 43 | LSG vs RCB | Cricket Exchange Fantasy Teams, Player Stats, Probable XIs and Pitch Report
LSG vs RCB, Cricket Exhcange Fantasy Tips (Source: AP Photo)
The 43rd match of the ongoing edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL) will see Lucknow Super Giants (LSG) lock horns with Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB). The encounter is scheduled to take place on Monday, May 01, 2023, at Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium in Lucknow at 7.30 PM IST. However, before the action begins, let us look at some of the essential stats, the prime player picks, and the best-predicted XIs for the fantasy contests of the match.
The Super Giants defeated the Royal Challengers in a last-ball thriller by a one-wicket margin when both sides met earlier in the competition in the reverse fixture at the Chinnaswamy Stadium.
KL Rahul's LSG has made a bright start to their current campaign, as they have played eight matches so far with five victories and three defeats. With 10 points and a net run rate of +0.841, they are placed in the third position in the table. Meanwhile, RCB is again having an inconsistent season, as they have played eight games with four wins and as many losses. As a result, they are positioned fifth in the table with 8 points and an NRR of -0.139.
LSG vs RCB, Match 43: Pitch Report- Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium, Lucknow
Sides batting have failed to cross the 160-run mark in the last three games played at the venue. It has proved to be a slow surface, and in terms of results, teams batting first and second have won 2 games apiece.
Numbers at the ground (Overall IPL)
Total Matches: 4
Matches won batting first: 2
Matches won batting second: 2
Average first innings score: 152.0
Average runs per over: 7.50
Average runs per wicket: 20.47
LSG vs RCB, Match 43: Head-to-Head
LSG and RCB have met thrice in the IPL, with the Super Giants winning on just one occasion and the Royal Challengers on two, including the eliminator clash of IPL 2022.
Total Matches: 3
Lucknow Super Giants won: 1
Royal Challengers Bangalore won: 2
LSG vs RCB, Match 43: Probable Playing XIs
Lucknow Super Giants Team News
No major updates
Lucknow Super Giants Probable Playing XI
KL Rahul (c), Kyle Mayers, Ayush Badoni, Deepak Hooda, Marcus Stoinis, Nicholas Pooran (wk), Krunal Pandya, Naveen-ul-Haq, Ravi Bishnoi, Avesh Khan, Yash Thakur
Royal Challengers Bangalore Team News
Australian pacer Josh Hazlewood may finally return to the playing 11. He will replace the England seamer David Willey.
Royal Challengers Bangalore Probable Playing XI
Virat Kohli (c), Faf du Plessis, Mahipal Lomror, Glenn Maxwell, Dinesh Karthik (wk), Shahbaz Ahmed, Wanindu Hasaranga, Harshal Patel, Josh Hazlewood/David Willey, Mohammed Siraj, Vijaykumar Vyshak/Karn Sharma
LSG vs RCB, Match 43: Top five picks
- KL Rahul (LSG): LSG skipper KL Rahul scored two fifties in IPL 2023, and both came at this venue. He also has a solid record against one of his former franchises, as he has struck 628 runs at an average of 69.77 with 1 ton and three fifties. His highest score of 132* in the league also came against RCB in 2020.
- Kyle Mayers (LSG): Explosive West Indian batter Kyle Mayers has kept Quinton de Kock out of the pecking order. The left-handed player has scored the most runs (297) for LSG, with four half-centuries and the highest score of 73.
- Ravi Bishnoi (LSG): Legspinner Ravi Bishnoi has picked up his side's second-most wickets (10) this season. He is expected to be among the wickets on this slow, spin-friendly Lucknow track.
- Virat Kohli (RCB): Star batter Virat Kohli is enjoying a solid run in this campaign. He has smashed 333 runs in 8 innings at an average of 47.57 with five fifties to his name. He has carried RCB's batting line-up with captain Faf du Plessis and is expected to do the same again.
- Wanindu Hasaranga (RCB): Spinner Wanindu Hasaranga hasn't been at his best in this edition. The Sri Lankan international has picked up six wickets in 5 outings, and he would like to add more to his tally in this fixture.
LSG vs RCB, Match 43: Must picks for the match
Lucknow Super Giants
- KL Rahul - 274 runs in 8 innings
- Kyle Mayers - 297 runs in 8 innings
- Ravi Bishnoi - 10 wickets in 8 innings
Royal Challengers Bangalore
- Virat Kohli - 333 runs in 8 innings
- Wanindu Hasaranga - 6 wickets in 5 innings
- Faf du Plessis - 422 runs in 8 innings
LSG vs RCB, Match 43: Risky picks
Lucknow Super Giants: Deepak Hooda, Yash Thakur
Royal Challengers Bangalore: Shahbaz Ahmed, Mahipal Lomror
LSG vs RCB, Match 43: Best captain and vice-captain choices
- KL Rahul (LSG)
- Virat Kohli (RCB)
- Wanindu Hasaranga (RCB)
LSG vs RCB, Match 43: Cricket Exchange Fantasy Team
LSG vs RCB, Cricket Exchange Fantasy Team: Match 43, IPL 2023
Wicketkeeper: Nicholas Pooran
Batters: KL Rahul, Virat Kohli, Faf du Plessis
All-rounders: Kyle Mayers, Krunal Pandya, Wanindu Hasaranga
Bowlers: Ravi Bishnoi, Avesh Khan, Mohammed Siraj, Harshal Patel
Captain: KL Rahul
Vice-captain: Virat Kohli
LSG: 6 Players, RCB: 5 Players