IPL 2023 | GT vs CSK, Final | Cricket Exchange Fantasy Prediction Today - Fantasy Tips and Teams
Shubman Gill has three centuries to his name in the last four innings (Source: AP Photo)
The Indian Premier League (IPL 2023) is down to its final showdown. We have our two finalists for the 16th edition of the IPL. The defending champions, Gujarat Titans (GT), will take on the most consistent team in the tournament's history, Chennai Super Kings (CSK). The Narendra Modi Stadium in Ahmedabad will host the grand finale on Sunday, 28th May. The match is scheduled to start at 7:30 PM IST. Ahead of the game, here is all you need to know from the player stats, the prime player picks, the top captain or vice-captain choices and the best-predicted elevens for the fantasy contests of the match.
Gujarat Titans- Road to the final in IPL 2023
The Gujarat Titans have been nearly perfect throughout the tournament. They won 10 out of their 14 league-stage matches and topped the league table to make the playoffs. However, in Qualifier 1, GT suffered a rare defeat at the hands of the Chennai Super Kings by 15 runs.
They got one more shot to make it to the summit clash as they took on the five-time champions, Mumbai Indians, in Qualifier 2. GT's biggest asset of the tournament, Shubman Gill, was at his destructive best as he amassed 129 runs off just 60 balls and was the prime architect in GT, posting a mammoth total of 233 runs in their allotted 20 overs. However, Hardik Pandya's bowlers were on the money from the beginning, keeping MI from taking charge in the stellar chase. Ultimately, MI was bundled out for 171 runs in 18.2 overs. GT won the match by 62 runs and made it to the tournament's final.
Chennai Super Kings- Road to the final in IPL 2023
On the other hand, Chennai Super Kings made a comeback of sorts after a dismal show in the previous edition. They won the right matches at the right moment and made it to the playoffs with eight wins from their 14 league stage matches. However, CSK had to face GT in Qualifier 1 of the tournament, and it was a steep task to defeat the ruling champions.
The Titans won the toss and decided to field first; the CSK openers again gave the team a solid start. Then, the middle order chipped in with valuable contributions, and CSK put a par total of 172 runs on the board. In the chase, Shubman Gill fought as the lone warrior. He scored 42 runs off 38 balls but never got anyone else to support him. However, after Gill's dismissal, Rashid Khan played a cameo of 30 runs from 16 balls, keeping the fight alive for the Titans. In the end, CSK managed to restrict the Titans to 157 runs from 20 overs and win the match by 15 runs, thus making it to the tournament's final.
GT vs CSK, Team Form Guide
Gujarat Titans: L-W-W-L-W
Chennai Super Kings: W-W-L-W-W
GT vs CSK, Must Picks
- IPL 2023 Stats: 851 Runs in 16 Matches
- Recent form: 129 (60) vs MI, 42 (38) vs CSK, 104 (52) vs RCB
- Venue Record: 630 Runs in 11 Matches
- vs CSK: 301 Runs in 12 Matches
- IPL 2023 Stats: 27 Wickets and 130 Runs in 16 Matches
- Recent form: 2/33 vs MI, 1/37 vs CSK, 1/24 vs RCB
- Venue Record: 14 Wickets in 9 Matches
- vs CSK: 14 Wickets in 14 Matches and 128 Runs in 6 Innings (SR: 196.92)
Chennai Super Kings
- IPL 2023 Stats: 625 Runs in 14 Innings
- Recent form: 40(34) vs GT, 87 (52) vs DC, 30 (28) vs KKR
- Venue Record: 1 Run in 1 Match
- vs GT: 46 Runs in 3 Matches
- IPL 2023 Stats: 564 Runs in 14 Innings
- Recent form: 60(44) vs GT, 79 (50) vs DC, 17 (13) vs KKR
- Venue Record: 92 Runs in 1 Match
- vs GT: 278 Runs in 4 Matches
GT vs CSK, Risky Picks
- IPL 2023 Stats: 325 Runs in 14 Innings
- Recent form: 28* (13) vs MI, 8 (7) vs CSK, 8 (6) vs SRH
- Venue Record: 203 Runs in 8 Matches
- vs CSK: 187 Runs in 14 Innings
Chennai Super Kings
- IPL 2023 Stats: 386 Runs in 13 Innings
- Recent form: 1(3) vs GT, 22 (9) vs DC, 48* (34) vs KKR
- Venue Record: 19 Runs in 1 Match
- vs GT: 39 Runs in 4 Matches
GT vs CSK, Top Captain or Vice-captain choices
- 851 Runs in 16 Matches in IPL 2023, this should be a reason enough to make him the captain for this match. Add to that three hundreds in the last four matches, Gill's golden form makes him the best captain or vice-captain candidate for this match.
- Shubman Gill has a great record at the Narendra Modi Stadium and we might be up for one more brilliant performance by the man in the final.
- The CSK opener has been in good touch throughout the tournament. Ruturaj has two fifties to his name in the last innings and this form of his makes him a good choice as the captain or vice-captain of the team.
- Ruturaj Gaikwad has a great record against GT. Even in the only innings that Gaikwad played at the Narendra Modi Stadium, he has scored 92 runs, so he could be very good option as the captain or vice-captain of the team.
- The GT skipper has not had the best of the seasons with the bat. Hardik looked good in some of the matches but failed to make it big in most occasions. Yet, he could be a good captain or vice-captain choice as Pandya has the ability to perform in big stages when his team needs him the most.
GT vs CSK, Team for Head-to-Head/ Small League Contests
GT vs CSK, Final: Team for Head-to-head Contests (Powered by Cricket Exchange)
Wicketkeeper: Devon Conway
Batters: Ruturaj Gaikwad, Shivam Dube, David Miller, Shubman Gill
All-rounders: Ravindra Jadeja, Hardik Pandya
Bowlers: Deepak Chahar, Mohammed Shami, Mohit Sharma, Rashid Khan
Captain: Shubman Gill
Vice-captain: Ruturaj Gaikwad
GT: 6 Players; CSK: 5 Players
GT vs CSK, Team for Winner Takes All/ Grand League Contests
GT vs CSK, Final: Team for Winner Takes All Conetsts
Wicketkeeper: Wriddhiman Saha
Batters: Ruturaj Gaikwad, Shivam Dube, B Sai Sudharsan, David Miller, Shubman Gill
All-rounder: Ravindra Jadeja
Bowlers: Deepak Chahar, Matheesha Pathirana, Tushar Deshpande, Rashid Khan
Captain: Ruturaj Gaikwad
Vice-captain: Rashid Khan
GT: 5 Players; CSK: 6 Players