IND vs AUS, 3rd ODI | Cricket Exchange Fantasy Teams, Player Stats, Probable XIs and Pitch Report
IND vs AUS, Cricket Exchange Fantasy Predictions: Australia tour of India, 3rd ODI (Source: AP Newsroom)
The 3rd ODI (IND vs AUS) between India (IND) and Australia (AUS) will see the two teams battling it out for the series. The match will be played at the MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai on Wednesday, 22nd March. The clash is scheduled to start at 1:30 PM IST. Before the match goes live let us look at some of the important stats, facts, the prime player picks and the best predicted XIs for the fantasy contests of the match.
India started off the ODI series with a win in the first ODI at the Wankhede Stadium in Mumbai. They managed to bundle out the visitors for 188 runs in 35.4 overs in the first innings. But in the chase India were struggling at 83 for 5 in 19.2 overs when KL Rahul and Ravindra Jadeja stitched together an unbeaten partnership of 108 runs to take the team home.
The action shifted from Mumbai to Visakhapatnam for the second ODI. The visitors stood upto their reputation and made a strong comeback in this match. While bowling first, they bundled out India for just 117 runs in just 26 overs. In the chase, Travis Head and Mitchell Marsh massacred the Indian bowling scoring at 11 runs per over and chasing down the target in just 11 overs without losing up.
The Aussies have made a statement with their performance in the last match. It is all set for the decider and it will be an ideal test of nerves for the two teams ahead of the ODI World Cup scheduled later this year.
IND vs AUS, 3rd ODI: Pitch Report- MA Chidambaram Stadium, Chennai
The surface at Chennai has traditionally been a slow one. The spinners will be interested in the proceedings throughout the match and it will be difficult for the batters to score runs. Batters who are adept at playing spin and are ready to grind out in the middle will be able to score runs on the strip.
Numbers at the ground (Overall ODIs)
Total Matches: 31
Matches won batting first: 15
Matches won batting second: 15
No Result: 1
Average score batting first: 230
Average score batting second: 210
IND vs AUS, 3rd ODI: Head-to-Head
India and Australia have met each other 145 times in the history of ODI cricket with the Aussies having an upper hand with 81 victories as compared to India's 54.
Total Matches: 144
India won: 54
Australia won: 81
No Result: 10
Head-to-Head (Last 10 Matches)
Total Matches: 10
India won: 5
Australia won: 5
IND vs AUS, 3rd ODI: Probable Playing XIs
India Team News
No major updates.
India Probable Playing XI
Rohit Sharma (c), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, KL Rahul (wk), Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Shardul Thakur, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Siraj, and Mohammed Shami.
Australia Team News
No major updates.
Australia Probable Playing XI
Travis Head, Mitchell Marsh, Steven Smith (c), Marnus Labuschagne/ David Warner, Alex Carey(wk), Glenn Maxwell/Nathan Ellis, Marcus Stoinis/Ashton Agar, Cameron Green, Mitchell Starc, Sean Abbott, and Adam Zampa.
IND vs AUS, 3rd ODI: Top Five Picks
- Mitchell Marsh (AUS): The Aussie all-rounder has enjoyed his role at the top of the batting order. Mitchell Marsh has scored runs in the both the ODI so far and looks in good form and that makes him a prime pick for the match.
- Virat Kohli (IND): The Indian superstar has not started the series on a good not. But Virat Kohli looked in good touch in the last match and he will be eager to perform in the decided. Kohli and his reputation of performing under her pressure makes him a good pick for the match.
- Mitchell Starc (AUS): The left-arm pacer has been in lethal form so far in the series. Australia will depend a lot on Mitchell Starc once again for wickets in the initial stages of the innings. Starc is a player you cannot miss out in this match.
- KL Rahul (IND): The Indian wicket-keeper showed great temperament in the first ODI to bail out India from trouble. KL Rahul finds ODI the most comfortable format and his numbers are a proof of it. He will be a good choice for the match.
- Travis Head (AUS): The Aussie opener looked off colours in the first ODI but made a strong comeback in the second. Travis Head has picked up form in the last match and that is an ominous sign for India. He will a very crucial pick for this match.
IND vs AUS, 3rd ODI: Must picks for the match
- KL Rahul - 84 runs in 2 matches
- Virat Kohli - 35 runs in 2 matches
- Ravindra Jadeja - 61 runs and 2 wickets (1 inning) in 2 matches
- Mitchell Marsh - 147 runs in 2 matches
- Travis Head - 56 runs in 2 matches
- Mitchell Starc - 8 wickets in 2 matches
IND vs AUS, 3rd ODI: Risky Picks
India - Rohit Sharma, Mohammed Siraj
Australia - Steve Smith, Adam Zampa
IND vs AUS, 3rd ODI: Best Captain and Vice-captain choices
- Mitchell Marsh (AUS)
- Ravindra Jadeja (IND)
- Mitchell Starc (AUS)
IND vs AUS, 3rd ODI: Team for Head-to-Head Contests
IND vs AUS, 3rd ODI: Team for Head-to-Head Contests (Powered by Cricket Exchange)
Wicketkeeper: KL Rahul
Batters: Virat Kohli, Mitchell Marsh, Steve Smith, Travis Head
All-rounders: Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Marcus Stoinis
Bowlers: Mohammed Shami, Adam Zampa, Mitchell Starc
Captain: Mitchell Marsh
Vice-captain: Mitchell Starc
IND: 5 Players; AUS: 6 Players
IND vs AUS, 3rd ODI: Team for Winner Takes All Contests
IND vs AUS, 3rd ODI: Team for Winner Takes All Contests (Powered by Cricket Exchange)
Wicketkeeper: KL Rahul, Alex Carey
Batters: Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Mitchell Marsh, Steve Smith, Travis Head
All-rounders: Ravindra Jadeja
Bowlers: Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Shami, Mitchell Starc
Captain: Ravindra Jadeja
Vice-captain: KL Rahul
IND: 6 Players; AUS: 5 Players