SA vs WI, 3rd ODI | Cricket Exchange Fantasy Teams, Player Stats, Probable XIs and Pitch Report
SA vs WI, Cricket Exchange Fantasy Predictions: West Indies tour of South Africa, 3rd ODI (Source: Twitter/@windiescricket)
The third and final one-day international match of the series will see hosts South Africa play against West Indies. The encounter is scheduled to take place on Tuesday, March 21, 2023, at Senwes Park in Potchefstroom at 1.30 PM IST. Before the game begins, let us take a look at some of the important stats, the prime player picks, and the best-predicted XIs for the fantasy contests of the match.
For More Fantasy Cricket Tips and Predictions from OneCricket, Click Here.
Temba Bavuma's special knock of 144 went in vain as West Indies clinched the second of the three-match ODI series by a margin of 48 runs. Shai Hope led his side from the front by smashing 128 as the visitors posted a big total of 335/8 on the board. West Indies are 1-0 up in the series with the home side looking to level it up in Potchefstroom. Key players are back for the Africans and they would be looking to get the job done for their side in the decider.
SA vs WI, 3rd ODI: Pitch Report- Senwes Park, Potchefstroom
The pacers have a dominating record at Senwes Park as they have picked up 177 wickets as compared to the spinner's 50 in the 19 games played at the venue so far. Chasing teams have won 10 out of the 19 matches here.
Numbers at the ground (Overall ODI Cricket)
Total Matches: 19
Matches won batting first: 7
Matches won batting second: 10
No Result: 1
Average score batting first: 248
Average score batting second: 210
Average runs per over: 5.18
Average runs per wicket: 34.54
SA vs WI, 3rd ODI: Head-to-Head
The Proteas and the team from Caribbean have clashed against each other 63 times in ODIs with South Africa dominating the fixture with 44 victories. West Indies have won only 16 with one game ending up in a tie and two others in no result.
Total Matches: 63
South Africa won: 44
West Indies won: 16
No Result: 2
Head-to-Head (Last 10 Matches)
South Africa won: 5
West Indies won: 4
No Result: 1
SA vs WI, 3rd ODI: Probable Playing XIs
South Africa Team News
David Miller, Aiden Markram, Heinrich Klaasen and either of Wayne Parnell or Sisanda Magala are back for the Proteas for the final ODI. Miller is a certain starter and it will be interesting to see how the others make their way into the playing XI.
South Africa Probable Playing XI
Quinton de Kock (wk), Temba Bavuma (c), Tony de Zorzi, Rassie van der Dussen, David Miller, Tristan Stubbs/Heinrich Klaasen, Marco Jansen, Bjorn Fortuin, Gerald Coetzee, Lungi Ngidi, and Tabraiz Shamsi.
West Indies Team News
No major updates
West Indies Probable Playing XI
Brandon King, Kyle Mayers, Shamarh Brooks, Shai Hope (c & wk), Nicholas Pooran, Rovman Powell, Jason Holder, Akeal Hosein, Odean Smith, Alzarri Joseph, and Yannic Cariah.
SA vs WI, 3rd ODI: Top Five Picks
- Quinton de Kock (SA): Wicketkeeper batter Quinton de Kock smashed a quickfire 48 off just 26 with the help of 5 fours and 3 maximums in the last game. The left-handed experienced batter fell just two short of a half-century as he would look to lay the platform again that helps his side in leveling the series 1-1.
- Temba Bavuma (SA): South Africa skipper Temba Bavuma fought alone for his team in the last match as he hammered 144 off 118 which included 11 fours and 7 sixes. Chasing 336, he kept the Proteas in the hunt by smashing his career-best ODI score. The right-handed batter is the man in form and could be picked for series decider.
- Lungi Ngidi (SA): Seamer Lungi Ngidi had a forgettable outing in the second ODI. He leaked 76 runs for no wickets in his 10-over spell. The right-arm fast bowler would be looking to bounce back and deliver a match-winning spell for the South Africans.
- Shai Hope (WI): West Indies captain Shai Hope played a solid unbeaten innings of 128 off 115 with 5 fours and 7 sixes that helped the Caribbean side in posting a big total of 335/8 eventually winning the second ODI by 48 runs in East London.
- Jason Holder (WI): All-rounder Jason Holder didnt quite have a good match last time out. He got out for 15 and went wicketless for 45 runs in 7 overs. The tall talented player would hope to deliver a match and series-winning performance for his side in the final game.
SA vs WI, 3rd ODI: Must picks for the match
- Quinton de Kock - 48 runs in 1 match
- Temba Bavuma - 144 runs in 1 match
- Lungi Ngidi - 0 wicket in 1 match
- Shai Hope - 128 runs in 1 match
- Jason Holder - 0 wicket and 15 runs in 1 match
- Nicholas Pooran - 39 runs in 1 match
SA vs WI, 3rd ODI: Risky Picks
South Africa: Ryan Rickelton, Marco Jansen
West Indies: Shamarh Brooks, Yannic Cariah
SA vs WI, 3rd ODI: Best Captain and Vice-captain choices
- Quinton de Kock (SA)
- Rassie van der Dussen (SA)
- Shai Hope (WI)
SA vs WI, 3rd ODI: Team for Head-to-Head Contests
Create and Participate with this team in the Cricket Exchange Fantasy App
SA vs WI, 3rd ODI: Team for Head-to-Head Contests (Powered by Cricket Exchange)
Wicketkeeper: Quinton de Kock, Shai Hope, Nicholas Pooran
Batters: Temba Bavuma, Rassie van der Dussen, Rovman Powell
All-rounders: Bjorn Fortuin, Jason Holder
Bowlers: Lungi Ngidi, Tabraiz Shamsi, Alzarri Joseph
Captain: Shai Hope
Vice-captain: Temba Bavuma
SA: 6 Players, WI: 5 Players
SA vs WI, 3rd ODI: Team for Winner Takes All Contests
Create and Participate with this team in the Cricket Exhcange Fanatsy App
SA vs WI, 3rd ODI: Team for Winner Takes All Contest (Powered by Cricket Exchange)
Wicketkeepers: Quinton de Kock, Shai Hope
Batters: Temba Bavuma, Rassie van der Dussen, David Miller, Brandon King
All-rounders: Kyle Mayers, Jason Holder
Bowlers: Gerald Coetzee, Alzarri Joseph, Akeal Hosein
Captain: Quinton de Kock
Vice-captain: Kyle Mayers
SA: 6 Players, WI: 5 Players