IND vs AUS, 2nd ODI | Cricket Exchange Fantasy Teams, Player Stats, Probable XIs and Pitch Report
IND vs AUS, Cricket Exchange Fantasy Prediction: Australia tour of India, 2nd ODI (Source: AP Newsroom)
The second of the three-match one-day international series will see hosts India play against Australia. The encounter is scheduled for Sunday, March 19, 2023, at Dr Y.S.Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium in Visakhapatnam at 1.30 PM IST. Before the action begins, let us take a look at some of the important stats, the prime player picks, and the best-predicted XIs for the fantasy contests of the match.
For More Fantasy Cricket Tips and Predictions from OneCricket, Click Here.
KL Rahul's solid knock of 75* off 91 and Ravindra Jadeja's all-round brilliance helped team India in sealing the low-scoring match in Mumbai by a margin of 5 wickets. Chasing a target of 189, India's top order was troubled by lethal pacer Mitchell Starc. But Rahul and Jadeja got the job done at the end as the hosts took a 1-0 lead in the series. Regular skipper Rohit Sharma is back with the home side looking to clinch the series in Visakhapatnam.
IND vs AUS, 2nd ODI: Pitch Report- Dr Y.S.Rajasekhara Reddy ACA-VDCA Cricket Stadium, Visakhapatnam
In the last two ODIs played at the venue, team India managed to surpass the 320-run mark batting first on both occasions. Though, chasing sides have a better track record as they have won 5 games out of the 9.
Numbers at the ground (Overall ODI Cricket)
Total Matches: 9
Matches won batting first: 3
Matches won batting second: 5
Average score batting first: 265
Average score batting second: 256.78
Average runs per over: 6.03
Average runs per wicket: 40.68
IND vs AUS, 2nd ODI: Head-to-Head
India and Australia have met each other 144 times in the history of ODI cricket with the Aussies having an upper hand with 80 victories as compared to India's 54.
Total Matches: 144
India won: 54
Australia won: 80
No Result: 10
Head-to-Head (Last 10 Matches)
Total Matches: 10
India won: 5
Australia won: 5
IND vs AUS, 2nd ODI: Probable Playing XIs
India Team News
Regular skipper Rohit Sharma is back after missing the opener and should replace Ishan Kishan.
India Probable Playing XI
Rohit Sharma (c), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, KL Rahul (wk), Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Shardul Thakur, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Siraj, and Mohammed Shami.
Australia Team News
Southpaw David Warner could be back and may replace one of Marcus Stoinis or Cameron Green in the final XI.
Australia Probable Playing XI
Travis Head, David Warner, Steven Smith (c), Marnus Labuschagne, Mitchell Marsh, Josh Inglis (wk), Glenn Maxwell, Marcus Stoinis/Cameron Green, Mitchell Starc, Sean Abbott, and Adam Zampa.
IND vs AUS, 2nd ODI: Top Five Picks
- Shubman Gill (IND): Shubman Gill has had a terrific year so far. The youngster has racked up 587 runs in just 7 innings at a stellar average of 97.83 with three centuries and one half-century. He scored 20 off 31 in the first game but would be looking to stretch his solid form in this format.
- Virat Kohli (IND): India's run-machine Virat Kohli got dismissed for just 4 runs off the bowling of Mitchell Starc in the series opener at Mumbai. The right-handed batter can't be kept quiet for long especially in his favourite format as he would look to get a significant score in Visakhapatnam.
- KL Rahul (IND): KL Rahul seems to have been enjoying his role in the middle-order in ODIs. The right-handed wicketkeeper batter has scored 942 runs in 23 innings at an average of 52.33 between position 4 and 5 in the last two years or so. With a match-wininng knock of 75* off 91 in the first game, he is a sure shot pick for this clash.
- Steven Smith (AUS): Australia skipper Steven Smith got a start in the last match as he scored 22 off 30. The classy batter has 4939 runs to his name in 125 innings at an average of 44.90. He will look to lead his side from the front by getting the runs and squaring the series 1-1.
- Mitchell Starc (AUS): Aussie speedster Mitchell Starc delivered a solid spell of 3/49 in 9.5 overs in Mumbai. He got rid of three of the top 4 Indian batters as he looked at his lethal best. With 214 wickets in 108 innings, experienced Starc is a worthy pick for this fixture.
IND vs AUS, 2nd ODI: Must picks for the match
- Shubman Gill - 20 runs in 1 match
- Virat Kohli - 4 runs in 1 match
- KL Rahul - 75* runs in 1 match
- Steven Smith - 22 runs in 1 match
- Mitchell Starc - 3 wickets in 1 match
- Mitchell Marsh - 81 runs in 1 match
IND vs AUS, 2nd ODI: Risky Picks
India: Suryakumar Yadav, Kuldeep Yadav
Australia: Josh Inglis, Sean Abbott
IND vs AUS, 2nd ODI: Best Captain and Vice-captain choices
- Shubman Gill (IND)
- Virat Kohli (IND)
- Steven Smith (AUS)
IND vs AUS, 2nd ODI: Team for Head-to-Head Contests
Create and Participate with this team in the Cricket Exchange Fantays App
IND vs AUS, 2nd ODI: Fantasy Team for Head-to-Head Contest (Powered by Cricket Exchange)
Wicketkeeper: KL Rahul
Batters: Virat Kohli, Shubman Gill, David Warner, Steven Smith, Mitchell Marsh
All-rounders: Ravindra Jadeja, Hardik Pandya
Bowlers: Mohammed Shami, Mitchell Starc, Adam Zampa
Captain: Virat Kohli
Vice-captain: Steven Smith
IND: 6 Players, AUS: 5 Players
IND vs AUS, 2nd ODI: Team for Winner Take All Contests
Create and Participate with this team in the Cricket Exchange Fantasy App
IND vs AUS, 2nd ODI: Team for Winner Takes All Conetsts (Powered by Cricket Exchange)
Wicketkeeper: KL Rahul
Batters: Virat Kohli, Shubman Gill, Travid Head, Steven Smith, Marnus Labuschagne
All-rounders: Ravindra Jadeja, Glenn Maxwell
Bowlers: Mohammed Siraj, Kuldeep Yadav, Mitchell Starc
Captain: Shubman Gill
Vice-captain: KL Rahul
IND: 6 Players, AUS: 5 Players