WPL 2023: GUJ-W vs DEL-W, Match 9 | Cricket Exchange Fantasy Tips, Probable XIs, Pitch Report, and Fantasy Teams
GUJ-W vs DEL-W, Cricket Exchange Fantasy Predictions: WPL 2023, Match 9 (Source: Twitter/@GujaratGiants)
The ninth match of the ongoing inaugural edition of the Women's Premier League (WPL 2023) will see Gujarat Giants (GUJ-W) rub shoulders with Delhi Capitals (DEL-W). The encounter will take place at Dr DY Patil Sports Academy Stadium in Navi Mumbai on Saturday, March 11, 2023, at 7.30 PM IST. However, before the action begins, let us take a look at some of the important stats, the prime player picks, and the best-predicted XIs for the fantasy contests of the match.
For More Fantasy Tips and Predictions from OneCricket, Click Here.
After winning their opening two games against Royal Challengers Bangalore (RCB) and UP Warriorz, Meg Lanning's Delhi Capitals side defeated Mumbai Indians in their last outing. With 4 points and a net run rate of +0.965, they are placed in the second position in the table. On the other hand, it's a reverse case for Gujarat Giants as they lost their opening two fixtures before claiming their first win of the tournament against RCB in the last match. With 2 points and an NRR of -2.327, they are placed in the fourth spot in the table. (All scenarios till Match no.7)
GUJ-W vs DEL-W, Match 9: Pitch Report- Dr. DY Patil Sports Academy, Navi Mumbai
The deck in DY Patil Stadium has favoured the batters, as five out of the eight innings have produced totals above 165 in WPL 2023. Sides batting first and second have won two games each out of the four that have been played so far in Navi Mumbai.
Numbers at the ground (This Tournament)
Total Matches: 4
Matches won batting first: 2
Matches won batting second: 2
Average score batting first: 173
Average score batting second: 129
Average runs per over: 8.30
Average runs per wicket: 24.67
GUJ-W vs DEL-W, Match 9: Head-to-Head
Gujarat Giants and Delhi Capitals will face each other for the first time in WPL 2023.
GUJ-W vs DEL-W, Match 9: Probable Playing XIs
Gujarat Giants Team News
Beth Mooney has been ruled out of the tournament with an injury as South Africa's Laura Wolvaardt is her replacement for the remainder of the season. It will be interesting to see how Laura finds a place in the final 11.
Gujarat Giants Probable Playing XI
Sabbhineni Meghana, Sophia Dunkley, Harleen Deol, Ashleigh Gardner, Dayalan Hamalatha, Annabel Sutherland, Sneh Rana (c), Sushma Verma (wk), Kim Garth, Mansi Joshi, and Tanuja Kanwar.
Delhi Capitals Team News
Though the capitals lost their encounter, they would still want to field the same Playing 11.
Delhi Capitals Probable Playing XI
Meg Lanning (c), Shafali Verma, Marizanne Kapp, Jemimah Rodrigues, Alice Capsey, Jess Jonassen, Taniya Bhatia (wk), Minnu Mani, Radha Yadav, Shikha Pandey, and Tara Norris.
GUJ-W vs DEL-W, Match 9: Top Five Picks
- Meg Lanning (DEL): Delhi Capitals skipper Meg Lanning is the leading run-scorer of WPL 2023 so far. The right-handed batter is averaging 61.66 with two half-centuries and a score of 43 in 3 innings. She is the in-form batter and a no-brainer pick for this fixture.
- Shafali Verma (DEL): After a solid knock of 84 in Delhi's opening game against RCB, India's Shafali Verma has suffered two low scores of 17 and 2. The right-handed batter would be raring to go in this contest.
- Jemimah Rodrigues (DEL): Delhi Capital's middle-order batter Jemimah Rodrigues has scored 22*, 34* and 25 in the opening three fixtures. The young right-handed batter would be looking to get that first half-century of WPL in this tie.
- Harleen Deol (GUJ): Harleen Deol is the leading run-getter for Gujarat Giants so far in this competition. After bagging a duck against Mumbai Indians in the opening game, Deol has struck 46 and 67 as she looks the woman in form for GG.
- Sophia Dunkley (GUJ): Sophia Dunkley played a blistering knock of 65 off just 28 in the last match against RCB. Opening the innings, Dunkley would hope to give another solid start to her team against the Capitals.
GUJ-W vs DEL-W, Match 9: Must picks for the match
- Harleen Deol - 113 runs in 3 innings
- Sophia Dunkley - 78 runs in 2 innings
- Ashleigh Gardner - 44 runs and 4 wickets in 3 innings
- Meg Lanning - 185 runs in 3 innings
- Shafali Verma - 103 runs in 3 innings
- Jemimah Rodrigues - 81 runs in 3 innings
GUJ-W vs DEL-W, Match 9: Risky Picks
Gujarat Giants: Dayalan Hemalatha, Sushma Verma
Delhi Capitals: Taniya Bhatia, Minnu Mani
GUJ-W vs DEL-W, Match 9: Best Captain and Vice-captain choices
- Meg Lanning (DEL)
- Jemimah Rodrigues (DEL)
- Sophia Dunkley (GUJ)
GUJ-W vs DEL-W, Match 9: Team for Head-to-Head Contests
Create and Participate with this team in the Cricket Exchange Fantasy App
(Powered by Cricket Exchange)
Wicketkeeper: Sushma Verma
Batters: Sophia Dunkley, Harleen Deol, Meg Lanning, Jemimah Rodrigues
All-rounders: Ashleigh Gardner, Marizanne Kapp, Alice Capsey
Bowlers: Tara Norris, Jess Jonassen, Mansi Joshi
Captain: Meg Lanning
Vice-captain: Sophia Dunkley
GUJ: 5 Players, DEL: 6 Players
GUJ-W vs DEL-W, Match 9: Team for Winner Takes All Contests
Create and Participate with this team in the Cricket Exchange Fantasyt App
(Powered by Cricket Exchange)
Wicketkeepers: Taniya Bhatia
Batters: Meg Lanning, Shafali Verma, Harleen Deol
All-rounders: Annabel Sutherland, Kim Garth, Marizanne Kapp, Ashleigh Gardner
Bowlers: Jess Jonassen, Tara Norris, T Kanwar
Captain: Ashleigh Gardner
Vice-captain: Marizanne Kapp
GUJ: 4 Players, DEL: 7 Players