England tour of Bangladesh 2023, 2nd ODI: BAN vs ENG | Fantasy Tips and Teams
England vs Bangladesh (Source: Twitter)
Dawid Malan's gritty and brilliant century helped England defeat Bangladesh by a margin of 3 wickets in the first of the three one-day internationals at Shere Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur, Dhaka, on Wednesday. The second encounter will now take place at the same venue on Friday, March 03, 2023, with the match scheduled to begin at 11.30 AM (IST) and 12.00 PM (local time).
After winning the toss and opting to bat first on Wednesday, the home side got bundled out for just 209 in 47.2 overs. Najmul Hossain Shanto, batting at no.3, scored a valuable half-century (58), allowing his side to cross the 200-run mark. All six bowlers were amongst the wickets for the visitors as they restricted the hosts from posting a big total.
For more Fantasy Tips and Predictions from OneCricket, click here.
In reply, left-handed batter Dawid Malan played an outstanding inning of 114 off 145 with the help of eight fours and four maximums, with the rest of the batting line-up failing to contribute against a quality Bangladeshi bowling in spinning and tricky conditions. Courtesy of Malan's splendid century, the tourists reached the target of 210 in 48.4 overs.
Before the second game gets underway, let us look at some of the important stats, best player picks and the best-predicted teams for the fantasy contests of the match.
Ground Stats: Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium, Mirpur, Dhaka
Numbers at the ground (Overall ODI Cricket)
Total matches: 116
Matches won batting first: 54
Matches won batting second: 61
No Result: 1
Average score batting first: 226
Average score batting second: 193
Average runs per over: 4.84
Average runs per wicket: 28.16
BAN vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Head-to-Head
Head-to-Head (Overall ODIs)
Total Matches: 22
Bangladesh won: 4
England won: 18
Head-to-Head (Last 10 Matches)
Bangladesh won: 4
England won: 6
BAN vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Probable Playing XIs
Bangladesh Team News
Even after losing in the opener, Tamim Iqbal and his Bangladeshi side are unlikely to experiment in the second encounter.
Bangladesh Probable Playing XI
Tamim Iqbal (c), Litton Das, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Mushfiqur Rahim (wk), Shakib Al Hasan, Mahmudullah, Afif Hossain, Mehidy Hasan Miraz, Taskin Ahmed, Taijul Islam, and Mustafizur Rahman.
England Teams News
After winning the opening game, England would want to go with the same winning combination in this contest and seal the series.
England Probable Playing XI
Jason Roy, Phil Salt, Dawid Malan, James Vince, Jos Buttler (c & wk), Will Jacks, Moeen Ali, Chris Woakes, Adil Rashid, Jofra Archer, and Mark Wood.
BAN vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Top Five Picks
- Tamim Iqbal (BAN): Bangladesh skipper Tamim Iqbal got the start as he made 23 off 32 with four fours in the first ODI. The veteran and seasoned campaigner will like to convert his start into a significant score, with his side needing a victory in a do-or-die clash.
- Mehidy Hasan Miraz (BAN): All-rounder Mehidy Hasan Miraz was the star performer with both bat and ball in the India series back in December. He failed as a batter in the 1st game but took two wickets by giving away just 35 runs in 10 overs. Miraz will hope to contribute more with the bat if the situation arises.
- Jason Roy (ENG): After scoring a century in the first three-match series against South Africa in January, right-handed batter Jason Roy has now suffered three back-to-back single-digit scores. The destructive opener is due for a big knock and should be considered for this fixture.
- Jos Buttler (ENG): England captain Jos Buttler too managed to score only 9 in the series opener, and he would be looking to take control of the middle-order in the second clash if his team is to clinch the series 2-0.
- Jofra Archer (ENG): Speedster Jofra Archer was the only bowler to deliver his full quota of 10 overs for England on Wednesday. The pacer picked up 2 for 37 and is also expected to come good in this game.
BAN vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Must picks for the match
- Tamim Iqbal - 23 runs in 1 match
- Mehidy Hasan Miraz - 7 runs and 2 wickets in 1 match
- Mushfiqur Rahim - 16 runs in 1 match
- Jason Roy - 4 runs in 1 game
- Jos Buttler - 9 runs in 1 game
- Jofra Archer - 2 wickets in 1 game
BAN vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Risky Picks
Bangladesh: Najmul Hossain Shanto, Afif Hossain
England: James Vince, Chris Woakes
BAN vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Best Captain and Vice-captain choices
- Tamim Iqbal (BAN)
- Jos Buttler (ENG)
- Jofra Archer (ENG)
BAN vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Team for Head-to-Head Contests
Create and Participate with the team in the Cricket Exchange Fantasy App
(Powered by Cricket Exchange)
Wicketkeepers: Mushfiqur Rahim, Jos Buttler
Batters: Tamim Iqbal, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Jason Roy, Dawid Malan
All-rounders: Shakib Al Hasan, Mehidy Hasan Miraz
Bowlers: Mustafizur Rahman, Jofra Archer, Adil Rashid
Captain: Dawid Malan
Vice-captain: Jos Buttler
BAN: 6 Players; ENG: 5 Players
BAN vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Team for Winner Takes All Contests
Create and Participate with this team in the Cricket Exchange Fantasy App
(Powered by Cricket Exchange)
Wicketkeepers: Litton Das, Phil Salt, Jos Buttler
Batters: Najmul Hossain Shanto, Tamim Iqbal, Dawid Malan
All-rounders: Moeen Ali, Shakib Al Hasan
Bowlers: Jofra Archer, Adil Rashid, Mark Wood
Captain: Moeen Ali
Vice-captain: Shakib Al Hasan
BAN: 4 Players; ENG: 7 Players