England tour of New Zealand 2023, 2nd Test: NZ vs ENG | Fantasy Tips and Teams
New Zealand Test Team (PC: Twitter/@BLACKCAPS)
New Zealand will be taking England in the second Test of the series at the Basin Reserve in Wellington. The visitors dominated the first match and won it very convincingly by 267 runs.
While Ben Stokes and company will be looking to maintain their domination in the series the hosts will try and win this match and make a strong comeback in the series.
For more Fantasy Predictions from OneCricket, click here.
It will be an exciting match as England have marched over all their oppositions in their recent encounters with their new approach. The teams are finding it difficult to find an answer to the 'Bazball' of England. After getting bashed by the English team, it will be interesting to see if New Zealand come into the match with a strategical shift.
Before the match starts let us have a look at the important stats, the prime player picks and the best predicted XIs for the fantasy contests of the match.
Ground Stats: Basin Reserve, Wellington
The Basin Reserve has seen 65 Test matches been played on it. The pitch offers assistance to the seam bowlers in the initial stages. The best time to bat at this venue is the second innings of the match and as a result the skipper winning the toss will look to field first.
Numbers at the ground (Overall Test Cricket)
Total Matches: 65
Matches won batting first: 13
Matches won batting second: 28
Matches Drawn: 24
Average first innings score: 307
Average second innings score: 317
Average third innings score: 247
Average fourth innings score: 138
NZ vs ENG, 2nd Test: Head-to-Head
The two teams have played 111 Tests against each other. England have dominated the contest and that has been the case in the first match of the series. But New Zealand will be keen on defying the numbers and the history of the two nations in the purest format.
Head-to-Head (Overall Tests)
Total Matches: 111
England Won: 52
New Zealand Won: 12
Matches drawn: 47
Head-to-Head (Last 10 Matches)
England Won: 4
New Zealand Won: 3
Matches Drawn: 3
NZ vs ENG, 2nd Test: Probable Playing XIs
New Zealand Team News
No major updates
New Zealand Probable Playing XI
Tom Latham, Devon Conway, Kane Williamson, Henry Nicholls, Daryl Mitchell, Tom Blundell (wk), Michael Bracewell, Scott Kuggeleijn, Tim Southee (c), Neill Wagner, and Blair Tickner.
England Team News
No major updates
England Probable Playing XI
Zack Crawley, Ben Duckett, Ollie Pope, Joe Root, Harry Brook, Ben Foakes (wk), Ben Stokes (c), Ollie Robinson, Jack Leach, Stuart Broad, and James Anderson.
NZ vs ENG, 2nd Test: Top Five Picks
- Harry Brook (ENG): The young English middle-order batter looked in decent touch in the first Test of the series. Brook batted with positive intent and the team will be hoping the same from him in this match.
- Tom Blundell (NZ): One of the very few positives for New Zealand in the first match was Tom Blundell. The team will hope that he continues his form and provides solidity to the batting order in this match.
- Ben Duckett (ENG): The English opener looked in decent touch in the first match. He can get his team off the positive and aggressive starts and that makes him a great pick for the match.
- Neil Wagner (NZ): He was taken to the cleaners by the English batters in the previous match. Yet, Wagner was the highest wickettaker for New Zealand in the match and the team will hope that his wicket taking form continues.
- James Anderson (ENG): The veteran English pace bowler set the tone for the team in the first match. If England win the toss and bowl first, James Anderson might once again turn out to be very lethal.
NZ vs ENG, 2nd Test: Must picks for the match
- Tom Blundell - 139 runs in 1 match
- Neil Wagner - 6 wickets in 1 match
- Blair Tickner - 4 wickets in 1 match
- Harry Brook - 143 runs in 1 match
- Ben Duckett - 109 runs in 1 match
- James Anderson - 7 wickets in 1 match
NZ vs ENG, 2nd Test: Risky Picks
New Zealand - Kane Williamson, Tim Southee
England - Joe Root , Ben Stokes
NZ vs ENG, 2nd Test: Best Captain and Vice-captain picks
- Harry Brook (ENG)
- Tom Blundell (NZ)
- James Anderson (ENG)
NZ vs ENG, 2nd Test: Team for Head-to-Head Contests
Create and Participate with this team in the Cricket Exchange Fantasy App
(Powered by Cricket Exchange)
Wicketkeeper: Tom Blundell
Batters: Devon Conway, Kane Williamson, Ben Duckett, Harry Brook, Joe Root
All-rounders: Ben Stokes
Bowlers: Blair Tickner, Neil Wagner, James Anderson, Stuart Broad
Captain: Harry Brook
Vice-captain: James Anderson
ENG: 6 Players; NZ: 5 Players
NZ vs ENG, 2nd Test: Team for Winner Takes All Contests
Create and Paricipate with this team on the Cricket Exchange Fantasy App
(Powered by Cricket Exchange)
Wicketekeepers: Tom Blundell, Tom Latham, Ollie Pope
Batters: Kane Williamson, Ben Duckett, Harry Brook, Joe Root
All-rounders: Daryl Mitchell
Bowlers: Tim Southee, James Anderson, Stuart Broad
Captain: Joe Root
Vice-captain: Kane Williamson
NZ: 5 Players; ENG: 6 Players