SA20 2023 Semi Final 2: Joburg Super Kings vs Sunrisers Eastern Cape | Fantasy Tips and Teams
Joburg Super Kings (Source: Twitter)
The second semifinal of the inaugural edition of SA20 will be taking place at the SuperSport Park in Centurion. The winner of the team will be playing against the Pretoria Capitals in the summit clash of the tournament at the Wanderers Stadium in Johannesburg.
The second semi final will be played on 9th February, 2023 at 9:00 PM IST. It will be an interesting clash as the two teams will be looking to be the second team in the finals of the tournament.
Joburg Super Kings started off slowly in the tournament and it looked like they won't make it to the semi-finals. But they picked up the pace at the right moment and won six of their 10 matches in the league stage to be in the second semifinals.
Meanwhile, the Sunrisers Eastern Cape have seen a rocky ride in the tournament. Though they won only four of their 10 matches in the league stage, the Eastern Capes managed to make it to the semifinals with a better net run rate than Durban's Super Giants.
Before the action starts, let us look at some important stats, the prime player picks and the best-predicted elevens for the fantasy contests of the match.
Ground Stats: SuperSport Park, Centurion
The pitch at the SuperSport Park has been good for batting. The batters have found it easier especially in the first half. In the last two matches, the team batting first were able to put on a mammoth total that was not chased down by the sides chasing the target. Keeping the general trend of the ground in the mind, the skipper of winning the toss might look to bat first.
Numbers at the ground (This tournament)
Total Matches: 5
Matches won batting first: 3
Matches won batting second: 2
Average score batting first: 195
Average score batting second: 146
Average runs per over: 9.33
Average runs per wicket: 23
JOH vs EAC, Semifinal 2: Head-to-Head
The two teams have played against each other twice. The balance is heavily in favour of the Yellow Army as they have emerged victorious in both the occasions.
Total Matches: 2
Joburg Super Kings Won: 2
Sunrisers Eastern Cape Won: 0
JOH vs EAC, Semifinal 2: Probable Final 13s
JOH Team News
No major updates.
Joburg Super Kings Probable Playing XI
Faf du Plessis (c), Reeza Hendricks, Leus du Plooy, Sibonelo Makhanya, Matthew Wade (c), Donovan Ferreira, Kyle Simmonds, Romario Shepherd, Gerald Coetzee, Maheesh Theekshana, Lizaad Williams, Kyle Verreynne and Neil Brand.
EAC Team News
No major updates
Sunrsiers Eastern Cape Probable Playing XI
Adam Rossington (wk), Temba Bavuma, Jordan Hermann, JJ Smuts, Aiden Markram (c), Tristan Stubbs, Marco Jansen, James Fuller, Brydon Carse, Roelof van der Merwe, Sisanda Magala, Sarerl Erwee, and Tom Abell.
JOH vs EAC, Semifinal 2: Top Five Picks
- Faf du Plessis (JOH): The Super Kings' skipper is looking in good touch in the tournament. Much like his team he has picked up his pace with the progression of the tournament. Faf du Plessis is a big match player and the team will expect that he performs in this all important match.
- Aiden Markram (EAC): The skipper of the Sunrisers Eastern Cape has been a great asset for the team in this tournament. Besides being good with the bat, Aiden Markram has delivered with the ball in the tournament. He will be a key player in the semi-finals for the Orange Army.
- Leus du Plooy (JOH): The left-handed batter has been in good touch in the tournament. Du Plooy's induction to the team has changed the whole intent. He has provided them with the much needed impetus at the top order.
- Roelof van der Merwe (EAC): The left-arm spinner has been in great wicket taking form. Van der Merwe has not only picked up wickets but also has been very economical. His bowling in the middle overs will give some crucial points in the match.
- Geral Coetzee (JOH): The pacer has been the prime strike bowler for the Super Kings. Coetzee's ability to pick up crucial wickets makes him a very important pick for the match.
JOH vs EAC, Semifinal 2: Must picks for the match
Joburg Super Kings
- Faf du Plessis - 369 runs in 10 matches
- Leus du Plooy - 249 runs in 8 matches
- Gerald Coetzee - 17 wickets in 8 matches
Sunrisers Eastern Cape
- Aiden Markram - 240 runs and 10 wickets in 10 matches
- Roelof van der Merwe - 14 wickets in 8 matches
- JJ Smuts - 202 runs in 9 matches
JOH vs EAC, Semifinal 2: Risky Picks
Joburg Super Kings - Donovan Ferreira, Reeza Hendricks
Sunrisers Eastern Cape - Marco Jansen, Sisanda Magala
JOH vs EAC, Semifinal 2: Best Captain and Vice-captain choices
- Faf du Plessis (JOH)
- Aiden Markram (EAC)
- Leus du Plooy (JOH)
JOH vs EAC: Team for Head-to-Head Contests
Wicketkeeper: Adam Rossington
Batters: Reeza Hendricks, Faf du Plessis, Aiden Markram, Leus du Plooy
All-rounders: JJ Smuts, Marco Jansen
Bowlers: Roelof van der Merwe, Sisanda Magala, Gerald Coetzee, Maheesh Theekshana
Captain: Faf du Plessis
Vice-captain: Aiden Markram
JOH: 5 Players, EAC: 6 Players
JOH vs EAC: Team for Winner Takes all Contests
Wicketkeeper: Matthew Wade, Donovan Ferreira
Batters: Faf du Plessis, Aiden Markram, Leus du Plooy, Tristan Stubbs
All-rounders: Romario Shepherd, Marco Jansen
Bowlers: Roelof van der Merwe, Gerald Coetzee, Maheesh Theekshana
Captain: Faf du Plessis
Vice-captain: Aiden Markram
JOH: 7 Players, EAC: 4 Players
Also Read: SA20| JSK vs SEC, Semi-final 2: Preview, Pitch Report, Probable XIs, and Prediction