IND vs NZ, 1st ODI: Fantasy Tips
Suryakumar Yadav will play this match [Source: Twitter]
On Wednesday, India will take on New Zealand in the first ODI of the three-match series. The game is scheduled at the Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium in Hyderabad.
Both teams are high on confidence, coming on the back of clinical series victories. While India decimated Sri Lanka by 3-0 at home, New Zealand handed Pakistan a crushing 2-1 defeat in their backyard.
As two top-tier teams gear up for a fascinating contest, let's go through some important stats and find out the hot and risky picks for this match.
Ground Stats: Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium, Hyderabad
The Rajiv Gandhi International Stadium in Hyderabad has hosted six ODIs. The surface at the venue traditionally remains on the drier side and assists spinners throughout the day.
With dew not being around, chasing will be difficult in the latter half. So, the basic tip to build a fantasy team for this clash is to fill the side with spinners and back the team batting first to win.
Now, let's have a look at some important stats with respect to the venue.
Number of matches: 6
Matches won batting first: 3
Matches won batting second: 3
Average score batting first: 278
Average score batting second: 251
Average runs per over: 5.53
Average runs per wicket: 36.41
IND vs NZ, 1st ODI: Probable XIs
India Team News: Shreyas Iyer has been ruled out of the series due to a back injury. So, Suryakumar Yadav will bat in the middle order. Also, as KL Rahul is unavailable, Ishan Kishan will keep wickets and bat in the middle order.
India playing XI: Rohit Sharma (C), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Ishan Kishan (WK), Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Washington Sundar, Shardul Thakur, Kuldeep Yadav, Mohammed Siraj, Mohammed Shami
New Zealand team news: Kane Williamson and Tim Southee have been rested for the tour. So, Henry Nicholls will bat at three, and Blair Tickner and Henry Shipley will spearhead the pace attack alongside Lockie Ferguson. Ish Sodhi will also miss out due to injury.
New Zealand playing XI: Devon Conway (WK), Finn Allen, Henry Nicholls, Daryl Mitchell, Tom Latham (C), Glenn Phillips, Michael Bracewell, Mitchell Santner, Blair Tickner, Lockie Ferguson, Henry Shipley
IND vs NZ: Top Five Picks
- Virat Kohli: In the recently concluded home series against Sri Lanka, Kohli looked in sublime form, garnering 283 runs at a stupendous strike rate of 137.38. Also, he averages a whopping 59.91 against New Zealand in ODIs.
- Tom Latham: Just like Kohli, Tom Latham enjoys batting against India. The stylish southpaw is an incredible player of spin and has 450 ODI runs to his name at a fabulous average of 75 in India.
- Shubman Gill: Since his debut, Shubman Gill has impressed everyone with his consistency in the ODIs. The opener does convert his starts into big scores and averages 63 in his last two ODI series.
- Michael Bracewell: The spin all-rounder recently enjoyed stellar success against Pakistan, scoring 58 runs and scalping four wickets in the series.
- Mohammed Siraj: The rise of Siraj as a force with the new ball has been inspirational, to say the least. He was India's leading ODI wicket-taker in 2022 and scalped nine wickets in the recently held Sri Lanka series.
IND vs NZ: Must picks for the match
- Kuldeep Yadav - The left-arm wrist spinner recently found his mojo against Sri Lanka. With a spin-friendly surface expected, you can rely on Kuldeep for some valuable fantasy points.
- Hardik Pandya - As someone who bats in the lower middle-order and bowls a few overs, Pandya is an asset for any team.
- Glenn Phillips - Phillips has been a reliable finisher for New Zealand and with the wicket being spin friendly, he might roll his arms for a couple of overs.
- Lockie Ferguson - The track in Hyderabad won't have anything substantial assistance for the seamers. So, Ferguson's extra pace could be handy for New Zealand on this surface.
IND vs NZ: Risky Picks
India: Suryakumar Yadav, Rohit Sharma
New Zealand: Finn Allen, Henry Nicholls
IND vs NZ: Best Captain and Vice Captain Choices
- Shubman Gill (IND)
- Tom Latham (NZ)
- Virat Kohli (IND)
IND vs NZ, 1st ODI - Team for Head-to-Head Contests
Wicketkeepers: Tom Latham, Ishan Kishan
Batters: Virat Kohli, Shubman Gill, Devon Conway, Glenn Phillips
All-rounders: Hardik Pandya, Michael Bracewell
Bowlers: Mohammed Siraj, Kuldeep Yadav, Lockie Ferguson
Captain: Shubman Gill
Vice-Captain: Virat Kohli
IND: 6 Players , NZ: 5 Players
IND vs NZ, 1st ODI - Team for Winner takes all Contests
Wicketkeepers: Ishan Kishan, Tom Latham, Finn Allen
Batters: Rohit Sharma, Shubman Gill, Glenn Phillips
All-Rounders: Mitchell Santner, Hardik Pandya
Bowlers: Mohammed Siraj, Shardul , Lockie Ferguson
Captain: Rohit Sharma
Vice Captain: Finn Allen
IND: 6 Players, NZ: 5 Players
Also Read: Zimbabwe vs Ireland, 1st ODI: Preview, Prediction and Fantasy Tips