IND vs SA, 1st T20I: Preview, Key Stats and Matchups, Cricket Exchange Fantasy Tips
India recently defeated Australia [PC: Twitter]
Two T20 powerhouses, India and South Africa, will cross swords against each other in the first T20I of the three-match series in Thiruvananthapuram at 7.00 PM IST on Wednesday. The match will be telecasted live on Star Sports Network and Hotstar.
South Africa have had a brilliant T20I run since the 2021 World Cup, winning ten of fifteen games they have played. The comeback of Rilee Rossouw has further strengthened their batting, while the presence of Rabada, Nortje, Ngidi, Maharaj and Shamsi give their bowling a formidable look. So, we expect the Proteas to give India a run for their money as they did in February this year.
On the other hand, this will be the last opportunity for the hosts to work on their grey areas before the all-important World Cup. Although the Men in Blue have evolved into an outstanding chasing team, their performance while defending has hit a new low since the Asia Cup 2022. All eyes will be upon Jasprit Bumrah and Arshdeep Singh, as they will be bowling in tandem for the first time in the slog overs. It will also be interesting to see how Indian finishing department, comprising Dinesh Karthik and Axar Patel, fares in the absence of Hardik Pandya.
About the Venue
Greenfield International Stadium [PC: Twitter]
Total Matches Played: 2
Matches Won by team batting first: 1
Matches Won by team batting Second: 1
Average runs per over: 8.64
Average runs per wicket: 23.55
Expected first innings total: 169/7 (20)
Expected second innings total: 176/6 (20)
Pitch Report: The surface at the Greenfield International Stadium in Thiruvananthapuram traditionally assists batters. The pitch has even bounce and the ball comes nicely onto the bat. So, the batters will enjoy playing here. Also, as the surface doesn't change its behaviour with time, the toss-winner should ideally opt to field first.
Key Stats and Matchups
- Rohit Sharma in powerplay in 2022: 355 runs, Strike Rate: 149.8, Balls Per Boundary: 4.15
- David Miller in death overs Since 2021: 278 runs, Average: 55.6, Strike Rate: 191.72
- Suryakumar Yadav in middle overs: 600 runs, average: 46.2, Strike Rate: 169, Dot Percentage: 26.2
- Lungi Ngidi in death overs in 2022: 6 wickets for 35 runs, Dot Percentage: 59.1
- Virat Kohli vs Kagiso Rabada in the shortest format: 39 runs, four dismissals, SR: 111.42
- Quinton de Kock vs Yuzvendra Chahal in IPL: 44 runs, six dismissals, Dot Percentage: 41.02
- Rohit Sharma vs Anrich Nortje in IPL: 20 runs, two dismissals, SR: 117.6
- David Miller vs Harshal Patel in T20Is: 17 runs, two dismissals, SR: 141.7
Cricket Exchange Fantasy Tips
Wicket-Keeper: Quinton de Kock
Batters: Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, Suryakumar Yadav, David Miller, Reeza Hendricks
All-Rounder: Axar Patel
Bowlers: Kagiso Rabada, Arshdeep Singh, Lungi Ngidi, Jasprit Bumrah
Captain: Suryakumar Yadav
Vice Captain: Axar Patel
Also Read: IND vs SA: Five Player battles to watch out for in the series