PAK vs ENG, 2nd T20I: Preview, Key Stats and Cricket Exchange Fantasy Tips
England won the first T20I comfortably [PC: Twitter]
Hosts Pakistan will clash with England in the second T20I of the seven-match series in Karachi at 8.00 PM IST on Thursday.
England outclassed Pakistan in all three departments, handing them a crushing six-wicket defeat in the first T20I. Debutant Luke Wood stole the show, as his spectacular three-fer restricted Pakistan to a significantly lower score. On the batting front, Alex Hales, who returned after a three-year long hiatus, smashed 53 runs, guiding the visitors to victory.
Pakistan, on the other hand, couldn't capitalise on the solid start provided by the openers. With the World Cup being around the corner, the Men in Green would want their middle-order to step up in quick time.
Venue: National Stadium, Karachi
Live Streaming: Sony Sports Network and Sony LIV App
Pitch Report: The surface at the iconic National Stadium in Karachi has traditionally been supportive to the batters. The pacers will need variations to succeed here, while the spinners will get some grip from the wicket. With dew expected, the toss-winner will likely opt to field first.
Know the venue
Total Matches played: 8
Matches won by team batting first: 5
Matches won by team batting second: 3
Average runs per over: 8.60
Expected first innings score (Considering stats of last five games): 178/6 (20)
Expected second innings score (Considering stats of last five games): 175/6 (20)
The chasing team has won three out of the last five games.
Key Stats and matchups (in this series)
- Luke Wood in death overs: 12 runs in 2 overs, three wickets, Dot percentage: 41.7
- Mohammad Rizwan in the powerplay: 28 runs with 4 boundaries, Dot percentage: 28.6
- Haris Rauf in death overs: 14 runs in 2 overs, 1 wicket, Dot percentage: 33.3
- Mohammad Rizwan vs Moeen Ali: 6 balls, 13 runs, 1 wicket, Strike Rate: 216.7
- Harry Brook vs Shahnawaz Dahani: 6 balls, 14 runs, Strike Rate: 233.3
- Alex Hales vs Haris Rauf: 9 balls, 8 runs, 1 wicket, Dot percentage: 50
- Naseem Shah in powerplay: 14 runs in 1 over, Balls per boundary: 3
- Usman Qadir vs Left-handed batters: 21 runs, 2 wickets, economy: 10.50, Balls per boundary: 4
Cricket Exchange Fantasy Tips
Wicket-Keeper: Mohammad Rizwan
Batters: Babar Azam, Alex Hales, Harry Brook
All-Rounders: Moeen Ali, Mohammad Nawaz, Iftikhar Ahmed
Bowlers: Luke Wood, Haris Rauf, Adil Rashid, Usman Qadir
Captain: Mohammad Rizwan
Vice Captain: Alex Hales
Also Read: IND vs AUS, 1st T20I: Three Key Takeaways from India's perspective