SA vs WI, 2nd ODI Cricket Exchange Fantasy Teams, Probable XIs and Pitch Report
SA vs WI Cricket Exchange Fantasy Prediction; West Indies tour of South Africa, 2nd ODI (Source: Twitter/ West Indies Cricket)
The second of the three-match one-day international series will see hosts South Africa play against West Indies. The clash is scheduled to take place on Saturday, March 18, 2023, at Buffalo Park in East London. Before the action begins, let us take a look at some of the important stats, the prime player picks, and the best-predicted XIs for the fantasy contests of the match.
After winning the two-match Test series 2-0, the Proteas play West Indies in a three-match ODI series followed by three T20Is. The first 50-over game got called off without a toss in East London due to rain on Thursday. Both teams will be geared up for the second encounter which going to be staged at at the same venue. After suffering a whitewash in the Tests, the visitors will be looking to claim their first victory on the tour.
SA vs WI, 2nd ODI: Pitch Report- Buffalo Park, East London
The spinners have picked up only 61 wickets in 22 matches at the venue as compared to the pacer's 203. Sides batting second have managed to win 12 encounters.
Numbers at the ground (Overall ODI Cricket)
Total Matches: 22
Matches won batting first: 10
Matches won batting second: 12
Average score batting first: 199
Average score batting second: 194.81
Average runs per over: 4.63
Average runs per wicket: 29.75
SA vs WI, 2nd ODI: Head-to-Head
The Proteas and the Caribbean side have clashed in 62 ODI matches so far with the Rainbow Nation dominating the contests with 44 victories. West Indies has won 15 games while one ended up in a tie and two in no result.
Total Matches: 62
South Africa won: 44
West Indies won: 15
No Result: 2
Head-to-Head (Last 10 matches)
South Africa won: 6
West Indies won: 3
No Result: 1
SA vs WI, 2nd ODI: Probable Playing XIs
South Africa Team News
No major updates
South Africa Probable Playing XI
Quinton de Kock (wk), Temba Bavuma (c), Reeza Hendricks, Rassie van der Dussen, Heinrich Klaasen, Tristan Stubbs, Wayne Parnell, Imaad Fortuin, Gerald Coetzee, Lungi Ngidi, Tabraiz Shamsi
West Indies Team News
No major updates
West Indies Probable Playing XI:
Shai Hope (c), Kyle Mayers, Brandon King, Shamarh Brooks, Nicholas Pooran, Rovman Powell, Roston Chase, Jason Holder, Akeal Hosein, Alzarri Joseph, Shannon Gabriel
SA vs WI, 2nd ODI: Top Five Picks
- Quinton de Kock (SA): The wicketkeeper-batter is nearing 6000 runs in the ODI format as he has struck 5901 runs in 137 innings at an average of 45.39. The left-handed batter is a quality apart and proven performer.
- Rassie van der Dussen (SA): The right-handed batter smashed a century against England in the series held at home this year. The 34-year old averages a staggering 67.16 in this format with four tons and 11 fifties in just 35 innings.
- Lungi Ngidi (SA): Pacer Lungi Ngidi picked up five wickets in just two matches against England as he took the second-most wickets after Anrich Nortje for the Proteas. He is brilliant with the new ball and gets the lateral movements.
- Shai Hope (WI): Newly-appointed skipper Shai Hope has a solid record as he enjoys playing the 50-overs format. The right-handed wicketkeeper batter has amassed 4308 runs in 99 innings at a good average of 48.95 with 13 centuries and 21 half-centuries and the highest score of 170.
SA vs WI, 2nd ODI: Must picks for the match
- Nicholas Pooran (WI): Former captain and explosive left-handed player Nicholas Pooran is a dangerous customer. If he gets going he bring about a storm against any bowler on any venue.
- Quinton de Kock
- Rassie van der Dussen
- Lungi Ngidi
- Shai Hope
- Nicholas Pooran
- Jason Holder
SA vs WI, 2nd ODI: Risky Picks
South Africa: Temba Bavuma, Tristan Stubbs
West Indies: Shamarh Brooks, Roston Chase
SA vs WI, 2nd ODI: Best Captain and Vice-captain choices
- Quinton de Kock (SA)
- Rassie van der Dussen (SA)
- Shai Hope (WI)
SA vs WI, 2nd ODI: Team for Head-to-Head Contests
Powered by Cricket Exchang
Wicketkeepers: Quinton de Kock, Shai Hope, Nicholas Pooran
Batters: Reeza Hendricks, Rassie van der Dussen, Rovman Powell
All-rounders: Imaad Fortuin, Jason Holder
Bowlers: Lungi Ngidi, Tabraiz Shamsi, Alzarri Joseph
Captain: Quinton de Kock
Vice-captain: Shai Hope
SA: 6 Players, WI: 5 Players
SA vs WI, 2nd ODI: Team for Winner takes all Contests
Powered by Cricket Exchange
Wicketkeepers: Quinton de Kock, Shai Hope
Batters: Temba Bavuma, Rassie van der Dussen, Brandon King
All-rounders: Wayne Parnell, Jason Holder, Kyle Mayers
Bowlers: Lungi Ngidi, Akeal Hosein, Tabraiz Shamsi
Captain: Rassie van der Dussen
Vice-captain: Jason Holder
SA: 6 Players, WI: 5 Players