PSL 2023, Match 22: QUE vs KAR | Fantasy Tips, Teams & Live Score
Source: Twitter (Karachi Kings)
The 22nd match of the ongoing eighth edition of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) will see two struggling sides Quetta Gladiators and Karachi Kings come up against each other. The game will take place at the Pindi Club Ground in Rawalpindi on Monday, March 06, 2023, at 19.30 PM (IST). Before the match, let us look at some of the important stats, the prime player picks, and the best-predicted XIs for the fantasy contests of the clash.
Bottom-of-the-table side Gladiators have had a disastrous campaign as they have played 7 matches with just one win and six losses. Interestingly, their only victory this season came against the Kings by 6 runs in Match no.6 in Karachi. With 2 points and a net run rate of -1.580, they are positioned sixth in the table.
On the other hand, the Kings are again having a forgettable season as they have played 8 games so far with just two wins and six losses. Their two wins came against the Lahore Qalandars and the Multan Sultans by 67 and 66 runs respectively. With 4 points and an NRR of +0.437, they are placed in the fifth spot in the table.
QUE vs KAR, Match 22: Pitch Report - Pindi Club Ground, Rawalpindi
The surface in Rawalpindi is a belter as the batters enjoy scoring runs here. All six innings have produced scores above 170 at the venue in this edition of PSL so far. Chasing sides have managed to win 2 out of the 3 matches.
Numbers at the ground (This Tournament)
Total Matches: 3
Matches won batting first: 1
Matches won batting second: 2
Average score batting first: 192.33
Average score batting second: 186.67
Average runs per over: 9.59
Average runs per wicket: 31.58
QUE vs KAR, Match 22: Head-to-Head
Quetta Gladiators and Karachi Kings have met each other 15 times in the history of PSL with the Gladiators dominating the fixture with 10 victories as compared to the King's 5.
Total Matches: 15
Quetta Gladiators won: 10
Karachi Kings won: 5
Head-to-Head (Last Season)
Total Matches: 2
Quetta Gladiators won: 2
Karachi Kings won: 0
QUE vs KAR, Match 22: Probable Playing XIs
Quetta Gladiators Team News
No major updates
Quetta Gladiators Probable Playing XI
Yasir Khan, Will Smeed, Sarfaraz Ahmed (c & wk), Iftikhar Ahmed, Najibullah Zadran, Umar Akmal, Mohammad Nawaz, Odean Smith, Umaid Asif, Naseem Shah, Naveen-ul-Haq
Karachi Kings Team News
No major updates
Karachi Kings Probable Playing XI
Sharjeel Khan, Adam Rossington (wk), Tayyab Tahir, Shoaib Malik, Imad Wasim (c), Matthew Wade, Irfan Khan, Aamer Yamin, Mohammad Amir, Andrew Tye, Tabraiz Shamsi
QUE vs KAR, Match 22: Top Five Picks
- Mohammad Nawaz (QUE): Batting at no. 4, Mohammad Nawaz struck 52 off 44 in the last game against Islamabad United. With the ball in hand, he picked up 2 wickets in that match and is the second highest wicket-taker for his side in PSL 8.
- Najibullah Zadran (QUE): Hard-hitting left-handed Afghanistan player Najibullah Zadran appeared for the first time against United and he smashed 59 off just 34. The explosive left-handed batter could be picked for this fixture.
- Imad Wasim (KAR): Karachi Kings skipper Imad Wasim is in red-hot form as he has struck the second most runs overall after Mohammad Rizwan in this edition. He is averaging a staggering 164.50 with 3 half-centuries in 8 innings. The spinner has also taken 7 wickets for his side as he is a must pick for this contest.
- Adam Rossington (KAR): Wicketkeeper batter Adam Rossington has scores of 15 and 20 in the two matches that he has played so far. The right-handed batter will be looking to convert the small starts into a big one in this tie.
- Matthew Wade (KAR): After Wasim, Australia's Matthew Wade has struck the second-most runs for the Kings. The left-handed batter is averaging 32.00 and could be selected against the Gladiators.
QUE vs KAR, Match 22: Must picks for the match
- Mohammad Nawaz - 78 runs and 7 wickets in 7 innings
- Najibullah Zadran - 59 runs in 1 innings
- Umar Akmal - 58 runs in 3 innings
- Imad Wasim - 329 runs and 7 wickets in 8 innings
- Adam Rossington - 35 runs in 2 innings
- Matthew Wade - 224 runs in 8 innings
QUE vs KAR, Match 22: Risky Picks
- Quetta Gladiators: Odean Smith, Umaid Asif
- Karachi Kings: Sharjeel Khan, Irfan Khan
QUE vs KAR, Match 22: Best Captain and Vice-captain choices
- Mohammad Nawaz (QUE)
- Imad Wasim (KAR)
- Mohammad Amir (KAR)
QUE vs KAR, Match 22: Team for Head-to-Head Contests
(Powered by Cricket Exchange Fantasy App)
Wicketkeepers: Adam Rossington, Matthew Wade
Batters: Najibullah Zadran, Iftikhar Ahmed, Shoaib Malik
All-rounders: Mohammad Nawaz, Imad Wasim
Bowlers: Naveen-ul-Haq, Naseem Shah, Mohammad Amir, Tabraiz Shamsi
Captain: Imad Wasim
Vice-captain: Mohammad Nawaz
QUE: 5 Players, KAR: 6 Players
QUE vs KAR, Match 22: Team for Winner takes all Contests
(Powered by Cricket Exchange App)
Wicketkeepers: Sarfaraz Ahmed, Umar Akmal
Batters: Will Smeed, Yasir Khan, Sharjeel Khan, Irfan Khan, Tayyab Tahir
All-rounders: Odean Smith
Bowlers: Umaid Asif, Andrew Tye, Aamer Yamin
Captain: Sarfaraz Ahmed
Vice-captain: Sharjeel Khan
QUE: 6 Players, KAR: 5 Players