LLC 2023: INM vs ASL, Match 1 | Fantasy Tips, Probable XIs, Pitch Report and Prediction
INM vs ASL, Fantasy Predictions: LLC 2023, Match 1 (Source: Twitter)
Match no.1 of the latest edition of Legends League Cricket (LLC 2023) will see India Maharajas (INM) lock horns with Asia Lions (ASL). The clash is scheduled at the West End Park International Cricket Stadium in Doha on Friday, March 10, 2023, at 8.00 PM IST. However, before the game begins, let us look at some of the important stats, the prime player picks, and the best-predicted XIs for the fantasy contests of the match.
Three teams India Maharajas, Asia Lions, and World Giants, will participate in the competition. Gautam Gambhir, Shahid Afridi, and the former Australian skipper Aaron Finch will lead their respective sides. A total of eight games, including six league stage matches, the eliminator, and the final, will be played at the same venue. The eliminator will take place on March 18, while the summit clash is set to be held on March 20.
INM vs ASL, Match 1: Pitch Report- West End Park International Cricket Stadium, Doha
The seamers have picked up 118 wickets compared to the spinner's 85 in 19 T20Is at the venue. However, the chasing sides have dominated, winning 12 out of the 19 games played in Doha.
Numbers on the ground (International T20s)
Total matches: 19
Matches won batting first: 6
Matches won batting second: 12
Average score batting first: 140
Average score batting second: 130
Average runs per over: 7.38
Average runs per wicket: 21.21
INM vs ASL, Match 1: Head-to-Head
India Maharajas and Asia Lions have met twice in LLC, and it's all even-stevens as both sides have won a game each.
Total Matches: 2
India Maharajas won: 1
Asia Lions won: 1
INM vs ASL, Match 1: Probable Playing XIs
India Maharajas Team News
Gautam Gambhir will lead the side filled with former-star Indian players.
India Maharajas Probable Playing XI
Gautam Gambhir (c), Robin Uthappa (wk), Suresh Raina, Mohammad Kaif, Stuart Binny,/Murali Vijay ,Yusuf Pathan, Irfan Pathan, Harbhajan Singh, Praveen Kumar, S Sreesanth, and Pragyan Ojha/Ashok Dinda.
Asia Lions Team News
Former Pakistani all-rounder Shahid Afridi is set to lead the side.
Asia Lions Probable Playing XI
Tilakaratne Dilshan, Upul Tharanga (wk), Asghar Afghan, Misbah-ul-Haq, Shahid Afridi (c), Thisara Perera, Abdul Razzaq, Sohail Tanvir, Isuru Udana/Dilhara Fernando, Shoaib Akhtar, and Muthiah Muralitharan.
INM vs ASL, Match 1: Top Five Picks
- Gautam Gambhir (INM): India Maharajas skipper Gautam Gambhir is the one to look out for in this opening fixture. The left-handed batter has scored 6402 runs in 245 T20 innings at an average of 28.96. He has struck 53 half-centuries with the highest score of 93.
- Suresh Raina (INM): Known as 'Mr IPL', left-handed batter Suresh Raina is always a worthy option in the T20 format. The swashbuckling batter has struck 8654 runs in 319 T20 innings at an average of 32.17. In addition, he has hammered four centuries and 53 fifties with the highest score of 126*.
- Yusuf Pathan (INM): Hard-hitting Yusuf Pathan has played all these leagues over the past few years. The right-handed batter has mustered 4852 runs in 243 T20 innings at an average of 27.56. He has hit one century and 21 fifties with the best score of 100. With the ball in hand, Yusuf has picked up 99 wickets in 140 innings with the best figures of 4/10.
- Tilakaratne Dilshan (ASL): Former Sri Lanka opening batter Tilakaratne Dilshan should be an ideal pick from the Asian Lions' side. The right-handed batter has amassed 5193 runs in 217 innings at an average of 27.04. Dilshan has struck one hundred and 34 fifties with the best score of 104*.
- Shahid Afridi (ASL): Asia Lions captain and former Pakistani all-rounder Shahid Afridi is a proven performer in the shortest format of the game. He has scored 4399 runs in 279 innings with one ton and ten fifties. However, Afridi is more lethal with the ball as he has taken 347 wickets in 323 innings at an average of 22.78 with the best figures of 5/7.
INM vs ASL, Match 1: Must picks for the match
- Gautam Gambhir
- Suresh Raina
- Yusuf Pathan
- Thilakaratne Dilshan
- Shahid Afridi
- Upul Tharanga
INM vs ASL, Match 1: Risky Picks
India Maharajas: Mohammad Kaif, S Sreesanth
Asia Lions: Misbah-ul-Haq, Shoaib Akhtar
INM vs ASL, Match 1: Best Captain and Vice-captain choices
- Gautam Gambhir (INM)
- Thilakaratne Dilshan (ASL)
- Shahid Afridi (ASL)
INM vs ASL, Match 1: Team for Head-to-Head Contests
Wicketkeeper: Upul Tharanga
Batters: Gautam Gambhir, Suresh Raina, Asghar Afghan
All-rounders: Yusuf Pathan, Shahid Afridi, Tilakaratne Dilshan, Thisara Perera
Bowlers: Praveen Kumar, Harbhajan Singh, Sohail Tanvir
Captain: Gautam Gambhir
Vice-captain: Tilakaratne Dilshan
INM: 5 Players, ASL: 6 Players
INM vs ASL, Match 1: Team for Winner Takes All Contests
Wicketkeepers: Robin Uthappa, Upul Tharagna
Batters: Mohammad Kaif, Asghar Afghan, Misbah-ul-Haq
All-rounders: Irfan Pathan, Stuart Binny, Abdul Razzaq, Thisara Perera
Bowlers: Pragyan Ojha, Shoaib Akhtar
Captain: Upul Tharanga
Vice-captain: Thisara Perera
INM: 5 Players, ASL: 6 Players