3rd ODI: India vs New Zealand | Fantasy Tips and Teams
Rohit Sharma and Shubman Gill (Source: AP Newsroom)
India will be playing against New Zealand in the third and final ODI of the series at the Holkar Stadium in Indore. The match is scheduled for 24th January 2023 at 1:30 PM IST.
The match is of little consequence as far as the series is concerned. India have already won two matches and sealed the series. They will look to test out their squad depth leading to the ODI World Cup that is to take place later this year.
Meanwhile, New Zealand will try and win this match to end affairs on a high and take some confidence into the T20I series.
Before the match starts let us look at some important stats, the prime player picks and the best-predicted XIs for the fantasy contests of this match.
Ground Stats: Holkar Stadium, Indore
The Holkar Stadium has been a happy hunting ground for team India. They have played five matches here and have won all five of them. A good batting pitch can be expected, however, the pitch might be a bit slow in the first innings.
ODI Records at the Venue
Total Matches: 5
Matches won batting first: 3
Matches won batting second: 2
Average score batting first: 308
Average score batting second: 262
Average runs per over: 5.85
Average runs per wicket: 37
IND vs NZ, Match 3: Probable Playing XIs
India Team/Injury News
No major updates
India Playing XI
Rohit Sharma (c), Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Ishan Kishan, Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya, Washington Sundar, Shardul Thakur, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Umran Malik
New Zealand Team/Injury News
No major updates
New Zealand Playing XI
Finn Allen, Devon Conway, Henry Nicholls, Daryl Mitchell, Tom Latham (c & wk), Glenn Phillips, Michael Bracewell, Mitchell Santner, Jacob Duffy, Lockie Ferguson, Blair Tickner
IND vs NZ, Match 3: Top Five Picks
- Shubman Gill (IND): Shubman Gill has been in fine form in the series. In both the matches he looked in brilliant touch and is a must pick for the match.
- Michael Bracewell (NZ): Michael Bracewell has been in a brilliant all-round form in this tournament. He is bowling some decent overs in the middle-phase and is doing a great job with the bat.
- Mohammed Siraj (IND): The Indian speedster has been the go to bowler for the team in ODI format for the last year or so. With the kind of wicket taking form Siraj is in, he should be one of the safest picks for the match.
- Mitchell Santner (IND): Santners has been one of the few positives that New Zealand can take from this series. He has made his presence felt not only with the ball but also with the bat.
- Mohammed Shami (IND): The Indian pacer has been dong his job under the radar. With the Indian batters taking all the limelight away, Shami's potent opening spell has not been that much in discussion. But Mohammed Shami's presence in the fantasy XI ensures some guaranteed points.
IND vs NZ, Match 3: Must picks for the match
- Shubman Gill - 248 runs in 2 matches
- Mohammed Siraj - 5 wickets in 2 matches
- Mohammed Shami - 4 wickets in 2 matches
- Michael Bracewell - 162 runs in 2 matches
- Mitchell Santner - 84 runs and 2 wickets in 2 matches
- Henry Shipley - 3 wickets in 2 matches
IND vs NZ, Match 3: Risky Picks
India: Suryakumar Yadav, Hardik Pandya
New Zealand: Glenn Philipps, Tom Latham
IND vs NZ, Match 3: Captain and Vice-captain choices
- Shubman Gill (IND)
- Michael Bracewell (NZ)
- Mohammed Siraj (IND)
IND vs NZ, Match 3: Team for Head-to-Head Contests
Wicketkeepers: Ishan Kishan, Tom Latham
Batters: Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Devon Conway
All-rounders: Washington Sundar, Michael Bracewell, Mitchell Santner
Bowlers: Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Jacob Duffy
Captain: Shubman Gill
Vice-captain: Michael Bracewell
IND: 6 Players, NZ: 5 Players
IND vs NZ, Match 3: Team for Winner takes all Contests
Wicketkeepers: Finn Allen
Batters: Rohit Sharma, Shubman Gill, Virat Kohli, Devon Conway, Glenn Phillips
All-rounders: Michael Bracewell, Mitchell Santner
Bowlers: Kuldeep Yadav, Umarn Malik, Jacob Duffy
Captain: Virat Kohli
Vice-captain: Shubman Gill
IND: 5 Players, NZ: 6 Players