England tour of Bangladesh, 2nd T20I: BAN vs ENG | Cricket Exchange Fantasy Tips, Probable XIs, Pitch Report and Fantasy Teams
BAN vs ENG, Cricket Exchange Fantasy Prediction: England tour of Bangladesh, 2nd T20I (Source: Twitter)
The second of the three-match T20I series will see high-on-confidence Bangladesh play against the 2022 World Cup champions England. The game is scheduled to take place at the Shere Bangla National Stadium in Mirpur, Dhaka, on a Super Sunday, March 12, 2023, at 2.30 PM IST. Before the action begins, let us take a look at some of the important stats, the prime player picks, and the best-predicted XIs for the fantasy contests of the match.
Skipper Jos Buttler's half-century went in vain as Bangladesh sealed the first T20 international by a margin of 6 wickets. Batting first, England posted 156/6 on the board courtesy of Buttler's 67. Hasan Mahmud was the pick of the Bangladeshi bowlers for his spell of 2/26 (4). In reply, Najmul Hossain Shanto scored 51 while captain Shakib Al Hasan remained not out on 34 to take his side over the line. The visitors will look to bounce back and level the series 1-1 before heading into the decider.
BAN vs ENG, 2nd T20I: Pitch Report- Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium, Dhaka
The 22-yard at the Sher-e-Bangla National Stadium is expected to be dry and slow. As a result, scoring runs would be difficult right from the start.
Numbers at the ground (Overall T20I Cricket)
Total Matches: 59
Matches won batting first: 29
Matches won batting second: 30
Average score batting first: 144
Average score batting second: 125
Average runs per over: 7.10
Average runs per wicket: 20.93
BAN vs ENG, 2nd T20I: Head-to-Head
Asian side Bangladesh and the defending champions England have met each other only twice in the T20 format, and it's even-stevens as both sides have won a game apiece.
Total Matches: 2
Bangladesh won: 1
England won: 1
BAN vs ENG, 2nd T20I: Probable Playing XIs
Bangladesh Team News
After clinching a win, the hosts are expected to field the same Playing XI.
Bangladesh Probable Playing XI
Litton Das (wk), Rony Talukdar, Najmul Hossain Shanto, Towhid Hridoy, Shakib Al Hasan (c), Afif Hossain, Shamim Hossain, Taskin Ahmed, Nasum Ahmed, Mustafizur Rahman, and Hasan Mahmud.
England Team News
Despite the loss, the visitors will look to go with an unchanged XI and try to level the series 1-1.
England Probable Playing XI
Jos Buttler (c & wk), Phil Salt, Dawid Malan, Ben Duckett, Moeen Ali, Sam Curran, Chris Woakes, Chris Jordan, Adil Rashid, Jofra Archer, and Mark Wood.
BAN vs ENG, 2nd T20I: Top Five Picks
- Phil Salt (ENG): Talented youngster Phil Salt scored 38, which included four fours and 1 six in the first game in Chattogram. Opening the batting with skipper Jos Buttler, Salt will hope to convert his start into a significant score in this must-win match for England.
- Jos Buttler (ENG): Captain Jos Buttler was at his best yet again as he smashed 67 off 42 with the help of 4 fours and as many maximums in the series opener. The explosive right-handed batter will look to lead again with another big score that helps his side level the series 1-1.
- Moeen Ali (ENG): England all-rounder Moeen Ali remained not out on eight and picked up figures of 1/27 (4) in Chattogram. Moeen looks a worthy pick in this must-win tie considering his all-round skills.
- Najmul Hossain Shanto (BAN): Left-handed Bangladeshi batter Najmul Hossain Shanto has now scored three half-centuries in 4 white-ball matches against England. He also racked up 51 off just 30 in the opening fixture and is expected to continue his solid form in this contest.
- Shakib Al Hasan (BAN): Veteran Bangladeshi skipper Shakib Al Hasan took figures of 1/26 and remained unbeaten on 34 off 24 with six fours in his side's victory in the first T20I. The all-rounder is an ideal pick yet again as he looks to seal the series for Bangladesh.
BAN vs ENG, 2nd T20I: Must picks for the match
- Najmul Hossain Shanto - 51 runs in 1 match
- Shakib Al Hasan - 34 runs and 1 wicket in 1 match
- Litton Das - 12 runs in 1 match
- Phil Salt - 38 runs in 1 match
- Jos Buttler - 67 runs in match
- Dawid Malan - 4 runs in 1 match
BAN vs ENG, 2nd T20I: Risky Picks
Bangladesh: Rony Talukdar, Shamim Hossain
England: Sam Curran, Ben Duckett
BAN vs ENG, 2nd T20I: Best Captain and Vice-captain choices
- Jos Buttler (ENG)
- Phil Salt (ENG)
- Shakib Al Hasan (BAN)
BAN vs ENG, 2nd T20I: Team for Head-to-Head Contests
(Powered by Cricket Exchange)
Wicketkeeper: Jos Buttler, Phil Salt
Batters: Najmul Hossain Shanto, Dawid Malan, Ben Duckett
All-rounders: Shakib Al Hasan, Moeen Ali, Chris Woakes
Bowlers: Taskin Ahmed, Jofra Archer, Mustafizur Rahman
Captain: Jos Buttler
Vice-captain: Shakib Al Hasan
BAN: 4 Players, ENG: 7 Players
BAN vs ENG, 2nd T20I: Team for Winner Take All Contests
(Powered by Cricket Exchange)
Wicketkeeper: Litton Das, Jos Buttler
Batters: Dawid Malan, Afif Hossian, Najmul Hossain Shanto
All-rounders: Sam Curran, Moeen Ali
Bowlers: Mustafizur Rahman, Jofra Archer, Mark Wood
Captain: Litton Das
Vice-captain: Sam Curran
BAN: 6 Players, ENG: 5 Players