ILT20 2023 Match 19: Sharjah Warriors vs Abu Dhabi Knight Riders | Fantasy Tips and Teams
Abu Dhabi Knight Riders (Source: Twitter)
Sharjah Warriors and Abu Dhabi Knight Riders face off in Match no.19 of the ongoing International League (ILT20) in Match no.19 on a doubleheader Super Saturday on January 28, 2023, at Sharjah Cricket Stadium in Sharjah. The match is scheduled to take place at 3.30 PM (IST) and 2.00 PM (local time). Both teams will meet again in the reverse fixture in Match no.28 next Saturday in Abu Dhabi.
Talking about the form, the Warriors have played six matches in the tournament so far with just two wins and three losses. One game ended with no result. After losing their opening three encounters, they finally got off the mark and won two on the trot against Dubai Capitals and Gulf Giants. With 5 points and a net run rate of -0.361, they are placed in the fourth position in the table.
On the other hand, it's been a calamitous season so far for the Knight Riders. They have played six matches in the competition and suffered five defeats and are yet to get off the mark. One clash ended with no result. They lost their opening five games on the bounce against the Capitals, the Giants, Desert Vipers (twice) and the MI Emirates. With a solitary point and an NRR of -2.854, they are rock bottom at the sixth spot in the table.
Before the match gets underway, let us look at the important stats, the best player picks and the best-predicted teams for the fantasy contests of the game.
Ground Stats: Sharjah Cricket Stadium, Sharjah
The track in Sharjah hasn't been easy for batting with a low-scoring match seeming to be on the cards. Only two completed games have been played at the venue so far in this competition.
Numbers at the ground in ILT20 2023 (completed matches)
Total Matches: 2
Matches won batting first: 1
Matches won batting second: 1
Average score batting first: 164
Average score batting second: 114
Average runs per over: 7.76
Average runs per wicket: 20.52
SHJ vs ABD, Match 19: Probable Playing XI
Sharjah Warriors Team News
No major updates
Sharjah Warriors Probable Playing XI
Rahmanullah Gurbaz (wk), Evin Lewis , Tom Kohler-Cadmore, Joe Denly (c), Muhammad Jawadullah, Adam Hose, Mohammad Nabi, Paul Walter, Noor Ahmad, Junaid Siddique, Naveen-ul-Haq
Abu Dhabi Knight Riders Team News
No major updates
Abu Dhabi Knight Riders Probable Playing XI
Brandon King, Kennar Lewis (wk), Dhananjaya de Silva, Raymon Reifer, Charith Asalanka, Andre Russell, Sunil Narine (c), Zawar Farid, Akeal Hosein, Lahiru Kumara, Sabir Rao
SHJ vs ABD, Match 19: Top Five Picks
- Tom Kolder-Cadmore (SHJ): Right-handed batter Tom Kohler-Cadmore is the form batter for the Sharjah Warriors. He is their leading run-getter with a century and a half-century to his name at an average of 53.25.
- Rahmanullah Gurbaz (SHJ): Afghanistan's hard-hitting wicketkeeper batter Rahmanullah Gurbaz is averaging just 20.80 in 5 innings with the highest score of 43. He is due for a big knock and hopefully, it is this in the fixture.
- Junaid Siddique (SHJ): UAE right-arm medium-fast bowler Junaid Siddique is the joint-highest wicket-taker for the Warriors in this competition. His average is 14.44 and picking him would be a good choice for this contest.
- Andre Russell (ABD): West Indies all-rounder Andre Russell is the leading run-scorer for the Knight Riders in their horrendous season. He has scored just one fifty in 5 innings as he looks to deliver a solid performance from himself to claim the first win for his side.
- Sunil Narine (ABD): Captain Sunil Narine has picked up just 5 wickets and amassed 51 runs in 5 outings. The numbers don't do justice to a player of Narine's calibre as he hopes to finally come good in this season.
SHJ vs ABD, Match 19: Must picks for the match
- Tom Kohler-Cadmore - 213 runs in 6 matches
- Rahmanullah Gurbaz - 104 runs in 6 matches
Abu Dhabi Knight Riders
- Andre Russell - 108 runs and 4 wickets in 5 games
- Dhananjaya de Silva - 82 runs in 3 games
- Sunil Narine - 5 wickets and 51 runs in 5 games
SHJ vs ABD, Match 19: Risky Picks
Sharjah Warriors: Evin Lewis, Joe Denly
Abu Dhabi Knight Riders: Kennar Lewis, Charith Asalanka
SHJ vs ABD, Match 19: Best Captain and Vice-captain choices
- Tom Kohler-Cadmore (SHJ)
- Rahmanullah Gurbaz (SHJ)
- Andre Russell (ABD)
SHJ vs ABD, Match 19: Team for Head-to-Head Contests
Wicketkeeper: Rahmanullah Gurbaz
Batters: Tom Kohler-Cadmore, Brandon King, Dhananjaya de Silva
All-rounders: Mohammad Nabi, Andre Russell, Sunil Narine
Bowlers: Naveen-ul-Haq, Junaid Siddique, Akeal Hosein, Lahiru Kumara
Captain: Tom Kohler-Cadmore
Vice-captain: Andre Russell
SHJ: 5 Players, ABD: 6 Players
SHJ vs ABD, Match 19: Team for Winner takes all Contests
Wicketkeepers: Rahmanullah Gurbaz, Kennar Lewis
Batters: Evin Lewis, Joe Denly, Charith Asalanka
All-rounders: Mohammad Nabi, Raymon Reifer, Zawar Farid
Bowlers: Noor Ahmad, Lahiru Kumara, Sabir Rao
Captain: Rahmanullah Gurbaz
Vice-captain: Charith Asalanka
SHJ: 5 Players, ABD: 6 Players