ICC Women's T20 World Cup 2023, Match 17: NZ-W v SL-W | Fantasy Tips and Teams
Chamari Athapaththu (Source: Twitter)
New Zealand Women and Sri Lanka Women lock horns in Match no.17 in Group A of the ongoing ICC Women's T20 World Cup on a doubleheader Super Sunday, February 19, 2023, at Boland Park in Paarl. Both the White Ferns and the Sri Lankans have had an opposite start to the eighth edition of the World Cup.
New Zealand made a disastrous start to their campaign as they lost their opening two fixture against Australia and South Africa by 97 and 65 runs respectively. In both those games, they failed to even reach the 100-run mark. Suzie Bates-inspired White Ferns finally snatched a victory against Bangladesh by 71 runs courtesy of her 81* runs knock. With 2 points and a net run rate of -1.517, they are placed in the fourth position in Group A. (All scenarios till Match no.15)
Meanwhile, Sri Lanka began their tournament with two wins in the first two games against hosts South Africa by 3 runs and against Bangladesh by 7 wickets. The defending and five-time champions Australia handed them a defeat by a margin of 10 wickets in their third fixture. With 4 points and an NRR of -0.914, they are placed in the second spot in the table. (All scenarios till Match no.15)
Before the match starts, let us look at some of the important stats, the prime player picks and the best-predicted teams for the fantasy contests of the game.
Ground Stats: Boland Park, Paarl
Numbers at the ground (This Tournament) (Excluding Match no.16)
Total Matches: 4
Matches won batting first: 2
Matches won batting second: 2
Average score batting first: 136.25
Average score batting second: 97
Average runs per over: 6.72
Average runs per wicket: 15.29
NZ-W v SL-W, Match 17: Head-to-Head
The White Ferns and the Sri Lankans have met each other 9 times in T20 internationals and its all New Zealand. They have won all the 9 encounters with the Asian side yet in search of their first victory.
Total Matches: 9
New Zealand Women won: 9
Sri Lanka Women won: 0
NZ-W v SL-W, Match 17: Probable Playing XIs
New Zealand Women Team News
No major updatesNew Zealand Probable Playing XI
Bernadine Bezuidenhout (wk), Suzie Bates, Amelia Kerr, Sophie Devine (c), Maddy Green, Georgia Plimmer, Hannah Rowe, Lee Tahuhu, Jess Kerr, Eden Carson, and Molly Penfold.
Sri Lanka Women Team News
No major updatesSri Lanka Women Probable Playing XI
Harshita Samarawickrama, Chamari Athapaththu (c), Vishmi Gunaratne, Oshadi Ranasinghe, Anushka Sanjeewani (wk), Nilakshi de Silva, Ama Kanchana, Malsha Shehani, Sugandika Kumari, Inoka Ranaweera, and Achini Kulasuriya.
NZ-W v SL-W, Match 17: Top Five Picks
- Suzie Bates (NZ-W): Experienced campaigner Suzie Bates struck a brilliant 81* off 61 in the last match against Bangladesh that helped her side in winning the first game of the ongoing WC. The right-handed batter is the leading run-scorer for NZ in this tournament and could be picked again for this fixture against Sri Lanka.
- Sophie Devine (NZ-W): White Ferns skipper Sophie Devine is having a disappointing campaign so far with the bat. She is averaging just 5.33 in 3 games as she looks to finally hit form in this contest against the Asian side.
- Amelia Kerr (NZ-W): Kiwi all-rounder Amelia Kerr has scores of 16, 10 and 21 so far in this WC and she would be hoping to finally get a substantial score under her belt in this crucial clash for New Zealand.
- Harshita Samarawickrama (SL-W): Left-handed Sri Lankan batter Harshita Samarawickrama is the leading run-getter and is the only player to score over 100 runs for her side in this campaign so far. She is avering 55.50 with one half-century.
- Chamari Athapaththu (SL-W): Sri Lanka captain Chamari Athapaththu has racked up the second-most runs for her team in the 3 games so far. The left-handed batter, who is the all-time highest run-scorer for the Asian side in the T20I format, is a good pick for this tie.
NZ-W v SL-W, Match 17: Must picks for the match
New Zealand Women
- Suzie Bates - 81 runs in 3 matches
- Sophie Devine - 16 runs in 3 matches
- Amelia Kerr - 47 runs and 4 wickets in 3 matches
Sri Lanka Women
- Harshita Samarawickrama - 111 runs in 3 matches
- Chamari Athapaththu - 99 runs in 3 matches
- Oshadi Ranasinghe - 5 wickets in 3 matches
NZ-W v SL-W, Match 17: Risky Picks
New Zealand Women: Georgia Plimmer, Maddy Green
Sri Lanka Women: Anushka Sanjeewani, Vishmi Gunaratne
NZ-W v SL-W, Match 17: Best Captain and Vice-captain choices
- Suzie Bates (NZ-W)
- Sophie Devine (NZ-W)
- Harshita Samarawickrama (SL-W)
NZ-W v SL-W, Match 17: Team for Head-to-Head Contests
(Powered by Cricket Exchange)
Wicketkeeper: Bernadine Bezuidenhout
Batters: Suzie Bates, Harshitha Madavi, Nilakshi de Silva
All-rounders: Chamari Athapaththu, Oshadi Ranasinghe, Amelia Kerr, Sophie Devine
Bowlers: Eden Carson, Hannah Rowe, Inoka Ranaweera
Captain: Sophie Devine
Vice-captain: Suzie Bates
NZ: 6 Players, SL: 5 Players
NZ-W v SL-W, Match 17: Team for Winner takes all Contests
(Powered by Cricket Exchange)
Wicketkeepers: Bernadine Bezuidenhout, Maddy Green
Batters: Georgia Plimmer, Vishmi Gunaratne, Suzie Bates
All-rounders: Lea Tahuhu, Amelia Kerr, Chamari Athapaththu
Bowlers: Jess Kerr, Inoka Ranaweera, Sugandika Kumari
Captain: Chamari Athapaththu
Vice-captain: Amelia Kerr
NZ: 7 Players, SL: 4 Players