ILT20 2023 Match 28: Abu Dhabi Knight Riders vs Sharjah Warriors | Fantasy Tips and Teams
Andre Russell (Source: Twitter)
Abu Dhabi Knight Riders and Sharjah Warriors go toe-to-toe in Match no.28 of the ongoing International League (ILT20 2023) on a Super Saturday, February 04, at Sheikh Zayed Stadium in Abu Dhabi. The match is scheduled to begin at 7.30 PM (IST) and 6.00 PM (local time). Notably, both teams met on January 28 in Match no.19, in which the Warriors sealed the deal by a margin of 4 wickets.
Speaking about the performances, Abu Dhabi Knight Riders have had a catastrophic and disastrous inaugural season of ILT20. They have played eight matches and are yet to open their account. The Knight Riders have lost 7, with one encounter ending with no result. With just 1 point and a net run rate of -2.387, they are placed at rock bottom at the sixth position in the table. (All scenarios till Match no.25)
Meanwhile, the Warriors have played eight games with three wins and four losses to their name so far. Their three victories have come against the Dubai Capitals, Gulf Giants, and tomorrow's opposition Knight Riders. With 7 points and an NRR of -0.229, Sharjah is placed in the fourth position in the table. (All scenarios till Match no.25)
Before the game gets underway, let us look at the important stats, the best player picks and the best-predicted teams for the fantasy contests of the match.
Ground Stats: Sheikh Zayed Stadium, Abu Dhabi (Excluding Match no.26)
The 22-yard in Abu Dhabi has been a decent one for batting. The last four of the five matches have favoured the chasing sides at the venue.
Total Matches: 8
Matches won batting first: 3
Matches won batting second: 5
Average score batting first: 173
Average score batting second: 153
Average runs per over: 8.62
Average runs per wicket: 27.17
ABD vs SHJ, Match 28: Head-to-Head
As mentioned above, both sides met in Match no.19 this season, and the Warriors defeated the Knight Riders by a margin of 4 wickets.
Total Match: 1
Abu Dhabi Knight Riders won: 0
Sharjah Warriors won: 1
ABD vs SHJ, Match 28: Probable Playing XIs
Abu Dhabi Knight Riders Team News
No major updates
Sharjah Warriors Team News
No major updates
ABD vs SHJ, Match 28: Top Five Picks
- Andre Russell (ABD): Hard-hitting West Indian Andre Russell hasn't been firing, with just one half-century to his name in 7 innings in ILT20 2023. His average is just 21.85 as he looks to end the disappointing season with the Knight Riders on a positive note.
- Paul Stirling (ABD): Explosive right-handed Irish batter Paul Stirling has played only four matches for his side this season and has two fifties to his name. Like Russell, Stirling would also look for a significant score under his belt in the final match for the Knight Riders.
- Tom Kohler-Cadmore (SHJ): Right-handed opening batter Tom Kohler-Cadmore has struck the most runs for the Sharjah Warriors in this inaugural season. He is averaging 40.83 with one century and one fifty in 7 outings.
- Rahmanullah Gurbaz (SHJ): Afghanistan's destructive wicketkeeper batter Rahmanullah Gurbaz has notched up the second-most runs for the Warriors after Kohler-Cadmore. With just one fifty in 7 innings, Gurbaz would be hoping for more 50-plus scores.
- Naveen-ul-Haq (SHJ): Afghanistan's right-arm medium-fast bowler Naveen-ul-Haq is the leading wicket-taker for the Warriors this campaign. He has picked up ten wickets in 8 innings and is the in-form bowler for his side.
ABD vs SHJ, Match 28: Must picks for the match
ABD vs SHJ, Match 28: Risky Picks
Abu Dhabi Knight Riders: Brandon King, Zawar Farid
Sharjah Warriors: Adam Hose, Paul Walter
ABD vs SHJ, Match 28: Best Captain and Vice-captain choices
- Andre Russell (ABD)
- Paul Stirling (ABD)
- Rahmanullah Gurbaz (SHJ)
ABD vs SHJ, Match 28: Team for Head-to-Head Contests
Wicketkeeper: Rahmanullah Gurbaz
Batters: Paul Stirling, Joe Denly, Tom Kohler-Cadmore
All-rounders: Andre Russell, Sunil Narine, Marcus Stoinis, Mohammad Nabi
Bowlers: Akeal Hosein, Naveen-ul-Haq, Junaid Siddique
Captain: Andre Russell
Vice-captain: Paul Stirling
ABD: 4 Players, SHJ: 7 Players
ABD vs SHJ, Match 28: Team for Winner takes all Contests
Wicketkeepers: Joe Clarke, Rahmanullah Gurbaz
Batters: Brandon King, Charith Asalanka, Adam Hose, Joe Denly
All-rounders: Zaward Farid, Mohammad Nabi
Bowlers: Matiullah Khan, Muhammad Jawadullah
Captain: Rahmanullah Gurbaz
Vice-captain: Brandon King
ABD: 5 Players, SHJ: 6 Players