SA20 2023 Match 23: Durban's Super Giants vs MI Cape Town | Fantasy Tips and Teams
Durban's Super Giants (Source: Twitter)
After a gap of over a week due to the one-day international series between South Africa and England, the inaugural edition of SAT20 is back with Match no.23 between Durban's Super Giants and MI Cape Town on Thursday, February 02, 2023, at the Kingsmead in Durban. The match is scheduled at 9.00 PM (IST) and 5.30 PM (local time). Notably, both sides met in the reverse fixture in Match no.5, where the Super Giants clinched the contest by five wickets in Cape Town.
Speaking about the form, the Super Giants are having a troubled first season as they have played seven matches so far with just two wins and five losses. Their only two victories have come against the MI Cape Town and Paarl Royals. As a result, they are languishing at the bottom of the table with 8 points and a net run rate of -1.602.
On the other hand, MI Cape Town has played seven matches with three wins and four losses. Their three wins have come against the Royals (twice) and Joburg Super Kings. With 13 points and an NRR of -0.111, they are just above Durban in the fifth position in the table.
Before the game starts, let us look at some of the important stats, the best player picks and the best-predicted teams for the fantasy contests of the match.
Ground Stats: Kingsmead, Durban
The 22 yards in Durban offer a balanced surface for both batters and bowlers. In this competition, only three matches have been played at the venue, where the team batting first has won twice.
Numbers at the ground in SAT20 2023
Total Matches: 3
Matches won batting first: 2
Matches won batting second: 1
Average score batting first: 162
Average score batting second: 149
Average runs per over: 8.84
Average runs per wicket: 26.66
DUR vs CT, Match 23: Head-to-Head
As mentioned above, both teams met previously earlier in the campaign in Match no.5, in which the Super Giants emerged victorious by a 5-wicket margin.
Total Match: 1
Durban Super Giants won: 1
MI Cape Town won: 0
DUR vs CT, Match 23: Probable Final 13s
Durban Super Giants Team News
Australia's wicketkeeper batter Ben McDermott has joined the Super Giants squad and might get a look in straightaway. Jason Holder and Kyle Mayers have left the squad due to national team call-up.
MI Cape Town Team News
Hard-hitting Australian Tim David has joined the MI setup as Liam Livingstone's replacement. The MICT would be looking to slot the explosive batter into the playing XI.
DUR vs CT, Match 23: Top Five Picks
- Quinton de Kock (DUR): Durban Super Giants skipper Quinton de Kock is the second-highest run-getter in this competition. Still, he has scored only 19 runs in the last four games as he looks to lead his side from the front by playing a big knock.
- Heinrich Klaasen (DUR): Right-handed batter Heinrich Klaasen is the man in form for the Super Giants in this campaign. He is the leading run-scorer for his team, with three half-centuries and an average of 51.80.
- Dewald Brevis (MI): After a solid knock of 70* off 41 in the tournament's opening match, destructive right-handed batter Dewald Brevis has managed to score only 111 runs in the next six games. He is due for a big inning as he will try to deliver that in this fixture.
- Grant Roelofsen (MI): MI Cape Town's wicketkeeper batter Grant Roelofsen has scored the second-most runs for his side in this competition. He has struck two half-centuries at an average of 26.50 and could be a good option for this contest.
- Rashid Khan (MI): Skipper Rashid Khan has picked up the joint-most wickets with Jofra Archer for the MICT in SAT20 2023. Picking up one of the best spinners in T20 cricket right now is a no-brainer.
DUR vs CT, Match 23: Must picks for the match
DUR vs CT, Match 23: Risky Picks
Durban Super Giants: Wiaan Mulder, Hardus Viljoen
MI Cape Town: Ryan Rickelton, Sam Curran
DUR vs CT, Match 23: Best Captain and Vice-captain choices
- Quinton de Kock (DUR)
- Heinrich Klaasen (DUR)
- Dewald Brevis (CT)
DUR vs MI, Match 23: Team for Head-to-Head Contests
Wicketkeepers: Quinton de Kock, Grant Roelofsen
Batters: Heinrich Klaasen, Rassie van der Dussen, Dewald Brevis
All-rounders: Dwaine Pretorius, George Linde
Bowlers: Reece Topley, Keshav Maharaj, Rashid Khan, Jofra Archer
Captain: Quinton de Kock
Vice-captain: Dewald Brevis
DUR: 5 Players, CT: 6 Players
DUR vs CT, Match 23: Team for Winner takes all Contests
Wicketkeepers: Quinton de Kock, Grant Roelofsen, Ryan Rickelton
Batters: Matthew Breetzke, Delano Potgieter
All-rounders: Keemo Paul, Wiaan Mulder, Odean Smith
Bowlers: Simon Harmer, Hardus Viljoen, Kagiso Rabada
Captain: Quinton de Kock
Vice-captain: Grant Roelofsen
DUR: 6 Players, CT: 5 Players