• Home
  • Cricket News
  • Ipl 2021 Amit Mishra Becomes First Delhi Capitals Member To Test Covid Positive In Bio Bubble

IPL 2021: Amit Mishra becomes first Delhi Capitals member to test Covid positive in Bio-bubble

Delhi Capitals leg spinner Amit Mishra has tested positive for Covid-19. A statement by the franchise on its official Twitter handle confirmed it. Mishra did not play the last two games of the franchise in the Indian Premier League on the pretext of injury. 

“Delhi Capitals leg spinner Amit Mishra has tested positive for COVID-19. He has been moved to a designated medical care facility, as per BCCI & IPL guidelines,” the franchise said in the official release. 

The Capitals were also reportedly asked by the BCCI and IPL Governing Council to go into quarantine on Monday, May 3rd. The team further confirmed that Mishra, 38 is being taken care of by the doctors.

“The Delhi Capitals medical team is in constant touch with Mishra and ensuring his safety and well-being. We wish him a speedy recovery,” the tweet added. 

The Delhi leggie, second-highest wicket-taker in IPL’s history with 166 wickets, also took six wickets in this year’s tournament, including a Man of the Match-winning 4/17 against Mumbai Indians. Mishra was also warned during one of the IPL games for applying saliva to the ball, which is now not allowed in cricket post the Covid pandemic.

Discover more

Top Stories
news

BCCI looking for September window to resume IPL 2021

The IPL 2021 edition was suspended with immediate effect on Tuesday after there was a rise in COVID-19 cases among the franchise teams. The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) is now looking for a September window to resume the tournament according to a Cricbuzz report. "A September window is being considered. By then the England-India series would be over and the foreign player would be ready for the T20 World Cup. That small window is being explored," said a franchise official. The Chairman of the IPL British Patel has also said that the board is looking for a window in September. Now we have to look for a window. If we get one, we will explore holding it. We'll have to see if it is possible in September. We need to examine the plans of the ICC and other boards,” he said. SRH’s Wriddhiman Saha, DC’s Amit Mishra and KKR’s Varun Chakravarthy and Sandeep Warrior and CSK’s bowling coach L. Balaji had tested positive in a span of two days. In an exclusive chat with One Cricket earlier in the day, DDCA President Rohan Jaitley has said that the board had suspended the tournament as a precautionary measure. “As a precautionary measure, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has decided to suspend the IPL for now. Health of the players and everyone is primary and the most important thing,” Rohan said. SRH were slated to play MI in Delhi on Tuesday while RCB were scheduled to take on KKR on Monday in Ahmedabad.